The Final day in the third test was a real test to the Indian bowlers as the Australian batsmen Marsh and Peter Handscomb stood tall in entire second session which helped Australia to draw the match. With this Dharmasala test has turned out to be the decider.
Having conceded a 152-run first innings lead, the tourists were reeling when skipper Steve Smith departed, leaving his team at 63-4 with more than two sessions to go and the hosts confident of a win. But Shaun Marsh and Handscomb who looked wonderful with their knocks perished the dream of team India’s victory.
Handscomb remained unbeaten on 72 where the visitors finished with 204 for 6 before the game concluded on the final day. Marsh and Handscomb pair built a partnership of 124 runs in their 4 hour long batting. Shaun Marsh scored 53 runs. Overnight batsmen Smith and Matt Renshaw resumed with Australia on 23 for two and denied the hosts for about 21 overs before falling in quick succession.
Cheteshwar Pujara who scored a double century was awarded
the man of the match . Jadeja looked brilliant with his bowling figures. He
took 4 wickets in the secon innings and overall the saurashtra all-rounder claimed 9 wickets. With the third test being a draw now the decider
match will be played at Dharmasala from 25th of March.
"Even I need rest, I am not a Robot..." Indian Captain Virat Kohli who met the press people ahead of the First Test against the Sri Lankans said that even he is human and he needs rest. The 29-Year-Old Cricketer got angry as the press repeatedly asked him about taking a break.
- #Italy fails to qualify for the World Cup - A shocker as Italy always gets easily qualified since 1958
- Who are you to speak about MS Dhoni? What good you did to Indian team? Netizens blast Agarkar
- Saina Nehwal beats PV Sindhu and wins National Badminton Championship
- #INDvsNZ - Chahal, Pandya, Jasprit Bumrah gifts a victory for India in 8-Over shooter
- Rain to play spoilsport in the decider T20 match?
- It's a FairyTale Ending for #AshishNehra
- India wins Nail biting series decider and clinches the series right at the death
- SHOCKING: Pune Pitch Curator dismisses as he got money from bookies in Manipulating the pitch
- Kohli's 31st Ton goes in Vain as India loses the first ODI against New Zealand
- FIFA U-17 World Cup'17 in India is the Biggest ever with Huge attendance
- Travis Head is looking played a match-winning knock in the second Twenty 20 vs India
- Virat Kohli sets a new record in T20I
- Special message to all fans for Diwali by Yuvraj Singh
- R. Ashwin finds life to be a lot comfortable
- Yuzvendra Chahal dismissed Glenn Maxwell for the fourth consecutive time in the tour