As per latest report from New Delhi sources it was stated that Olympic silver-medallist and world No 2 PV Sindhu will be among the nine shuttlers vying for a position in the Badminton World Federation's Athletes Commission and the other Indian in fray for the four slots is relatively unknown male shuttler called Nikhar Garg, known more for his anti-establishment voice in the badminton fraternity than for his on-court performances.
Garg's doubles ranking stood at 374th in January. Garg's nomination may have happened after he expressed his desire to contest for a slot in BWF Athletes' Commission. The unknown Mumbai shuttler started an online petition in May 2016 urging BWF to grant greater autonomy to the independent players by allowing them to register directly for international tournaments instead of their associations.
Sources have stated that the nominations which were closed on 27 March
with six men and three women standing for the BWF Athletes' Commission
elections. Apart from Sindhu, the list also comprises two former world No 1s in
men's doubles and a former European men's singles champion, following the close
of nominations on 27 March, three women and six men will stand for elections to
the body which represents players within the Badminton World Federation.
The others in fray are Lithuania's Akville Stapusaityte, Ugandan Edwin Ekiring, Malaysian Koo Kien Keat, Scotland's Kirsty Gilmour, Mexico's Luis Ramon Garrido Esquivel, German Marc Zwiebler and Korea's Yoo Yeon Seong. Three persons will be elected to replace outgoing members Yuhan Tan (Belgium), Hans-Kristian Solberg Vittinghus (Denmark) and Greysia Polii (Indonesia) who will complete their four-year term in May. Therefore, either the female with the second-highest number of votes or the female with the third-highest number of votes will be elected to serve the remaining two years of Tang's term.
SACHINS VOICE IS A HEADACHE !! Sachins documentary movie is almost ready except dubbing all is done.This cricket God’s movie is a sure to create a huge expectation amongst his audience crowd across India. Indians speak in different languages Tamil ,Telugu and many more .It was initially Sachin who was to dub in his own voice.But no one can imagine Sachin speaking in Tamil and Telugu .So a dubbing artist was searched to do this job.It was fine with all other languages.
- Harbajan Singh Fights for Racism !!
- Can this dream fielding team stop all runs?
- Why did he announce retirement at just 25 years
- Manish Pandey helps KKR to get No.1 Spot
- IPL 10 - Pollard Kills RCB Dream
- PV Sindhu nominated for Badminton World Federation Athlete's Commission
- IPL: Rashid and Warner Shines For Sun Risers Hyderabad
- Yuvraj Kracker gives SRH first Win in IPL-10
- Super Sindhu Clinches maiden India Open Crown
- India Wins the Final Test and Series Against Australia
- India Requires 87 Runs For Series Win
- Lyon Pegs India Back With 4 wickets
- Kuldeep's Magic Spins Out Aussies For 300 Runs
- Virat Compared To Trump By OZ Media
- Ranchi Test Ends In A Draw, Now Series Decider in Dharmasala