As per latest report from New Delhi sources it was stated that Olympic silver-medallist and world No 2 PV Sindhu will be among the nine shuttlers vying for a position in the Badminton World Federation's Athletes Commission and the other Indian in fray for the four slots is relatively unknown male shuttler called Nikhar Garg, known more for his anti-establishment voice in the badminton fraternity than for his on-court performances.
Garg's doubles ranking stood at 374th in January. Garg's nomination may have happened after he expressed his desire to contest for a slot in BWF Athletes' Commission. The unknown Mumbai shuttler started an online petition in May 2016 urging BWF to grant greater autonomy to the independent players by allowing them to register directly for international tournaments instead of their associations.
Sources have stated that the nominations which were closed on 27 March
with six men and three women standing for the BWF Athletes' Commission
elections. Apart from Sindhu, the list also comprises two former world No 1s in
men's doubles and a former European men's singles champion, following the close
of nominations on 27 March, three women and six men will stand for elections to
the body which represents players within the Badminton World Federation.
The others in fray are Lithuania's Akville Stapusaityte, Ugandan Edwin Ekiring, Malaysian Koo Kien Keat, Scotland's Kirsty Gilmour, Mexico's Luis Ramon Garrido Esquivel, German Marc Zwiebler and Korea's Yoo Yeon Seong. Three persons will be elected to replace outgoing members Yuhan Tan (Belgium), Hans-Kristian Solberg Vittinghus (Denmark) and Greysia Polii (Indonesia) who will complete their four-year term in May. Therefore, either the female with the second-highest number of votes or the female with the third-highest number of votes will be elected to serve the remaining two years of Tang's term.
Will PV Sindhu and Kidambi Srikanth carry India's hope in Denmark Open??? According to sources title contenders P V Sindhu and Kidambi Srikanth would look to put behind the disappointment of an early exit from Japan Open and make a positive start to their campaign at the $750,000 Denmark Open Super Series Premier, which begins here on Tuesday.
- Travis Head is looking played a match-winning knock in the second Twenty 20 vs India
- Virat Kohli sets a new record in T20I
- Special message to all fans for Diwali by Yuvraj Singh
- R. Ashwin finds life to be a lot comfortable
- Yuzvendra Chahal dismissed Glenn Maxwell for the fourth consecutive time in the tour
- India-Australia T20 Series begins today
- Why Sachin Tendulkar gifted Sehwag a Benz Car??
- Spinner Kuldeep Yadav with maiden hat-trick as India beat Australia by 50 runs in the second one day international in Kolkata
- Tendulkar greeted Dhoni for reaching the mark of 100 half centuries
- P V Sindhu, Sameer Verma advanced to the quarter-finals with straight game wins
- India is the first Team to White Wash all 3 formats of the game in a complete Tour
- Kohli wants the athlete to play with him!!
- Anushkaaaaa!!!!Virat with another girl!! Caught in Click!!
- Jose Mourinho confirms Nemanja Matic to Manchester United transfer
- India pile on runs in the first test against Srilanka