India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and England are in the semi—finals of Champions Trophy. The best possible reunion of the 1947 batch. No, I won't take any credit for that joke. As they say in WhatsApp lingo, forwarded as received.
Who would've thought the Champions Trophy will be where Lord Mountbatten left it almost 70 years ago. What were the odds of a last four playoff without Australia, New Zealand and South Africa? India and England were predictable but Pakistan and Bangladesh are a surprise.
The semi-final fixtures are lined up as follows:
SF 1 – England vs Pakistan at Cardiff on June 14th, 2017
SF 2 – India vs Bangladesh at Edgbaston on June 15th, 2017
England were the Group A toppers and will be playing Pakistan who were the runners-up from Group B. Similarly, Group B toppers India will be playing the runners-up from Group A, Bangladesh.
We know how rains have had an impact on previous matches in the tournament. The British weather has spoiled the sport on numerous occasions. There is a huge possibility of that happening in the semi-finals as well. Here are the possible outcomes -
In the case of a tie, there will be a super over which isn't surprising. If rains interrupt play, the usual Duckworth-Lewis will come into play.
However, in the case of a washout, the team which ended at the top in their respective group will advance to the finals. This means if rains wash the first semi-final out, England will advance to the finals. And if the same happens in the second semi-final, India will be on their way to the finals. The same would happen if the match ends in a tie and the Super Over can't be contested due to bad weather.
As far as the venues are concerned, Cardiff hasn't been a problem in this tournament. But Edgbaston, where India will be playing Bangladesh, has a bad weather forecast. Throughout this tournament, rains have had an impact on this venue and it won't come as a surprise if they show up uninvited in the semi-finals as well.
Featured image source here.
Cover image source - Clive Rose/Getty Images.
Kohli wants the athlete to play with him!! Star India cricketer Virat Kohli has sent a special message for the lightning athlete Usain Bolt.This is special as this is the athlete's final dash on track and field. Usain Bolt will be ending his career graph as an athlete at the IAAF World Championships in London, starting Friday (August 4).
- Anushkaaaaa!!!!Virat with another girl!! Caught in Click!!
- Jose Mourinho confirms Nemanja Matic to Manchester United transfer
- India pile on runs in the first test against Srilanka
- Indian cricket team New Coach Announced officially
- #HappyBirthdayMSD-Top winning moments of Dhoni!!
- This 20-Year-Old Woman Cricketer is the NATIONAL CRUSH of YOUNGSTERS !!
- Indian players not worried about losing ICC Champions Trophy
- Virat is NOW VIRAL!!
- Virat Kohli leading India in his first ICC game as a Captain
- Warne challenged Ganguly to a bet
- COA wants Kumble to continue as Indian Coach
- HERE'S WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF IT RAINS DURING THE SEMI-FINALS OF THE CHAMPIONS TROPHY
- Indian Cricket Legends want to be paid for picking the national coach
- "Just give us VIRAT KOHLI and take all our PLAYERS..." says Pakistani Journalist
- Virat Kohli: Ravichandran Ashwin Understands Team Selection Demands