Sources have stated that India will be up against a spirited Bangladesh side on Thursday when they play the second semi-final of the ICC Champions Trophy. India so far have looked like the side to beat and barring a bad game against Sri Lanka where the bowlers failed to defend a big total, the defending champions have been right on the money.
Meanwhile with all bases covered, India would look to seal their spot in the final but for that to happen they need to go past Bangladesh, who are a dangerous side, given the fact that they have chased down a good total against New Zealand. When speaking to the media ahead of the all-important semi-final clash, India skipper Virat Kohli looked optimistic about India's chances and gave an indication that off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin might retain his place in the playing XI after a good game against South Africa.
The Indian skipper said "We gave a lot of people chances in the
practice games. Everyone has done well. He thinks Ashwin was brilliant in the
last game. There is no need to change anything".
India' middle order has not been tested so far in the tournament with the top-order scoring all the runs. Kohli reckoned, "Given an opportunity, everyone would like to finish games. Kedar (Jadhav) and Hardik (Pandya) are playing well in the lower middle-order."
Tendulkar greeted Dhoni for reaching the mark of 100 half centuries According to sources Mahendra Singh Dhoni played a key role in India's win over Australia in the 1st ODI in Chennai on Sunday. Dhoni's 79 off 88 balls helped India post a competitive 281 for seven after India's top-half was blown away for only 87 runs. Dhoni’s fifty was his 66th in ODI cricket and 100th of his international career.
- P V Sindhu, Sameer Verma advanced to the quarter-finals with straight game wins
- India is the first Team to White Wash all 3 formats of the game in a complete Tour
- Kohli wants the athlete to play with him!!
- Anushkaaaaa!!!!Virat with another girl!! Caught in Click!!
- Jose Mourinho confirms Nemanja Matic to Manchester United transfer
- India pile on runs in the first test against Srilanka
- Indian cricket team New Coach Announced officially
- #HappyBirthdayMSD-Top winning moments of Dhoni!!
- This 20-Year-Old Woman Cricketer is the NATIONAL CRUSH of YOUNGSTERS !!
- Indian players not worried about losing ICC Champions Trophy
- Virat is NOW VIRAL!!
- Virat Kohli leading India in his first ICC game as a Captain
- Warne challenged Ganguly to a bet
- COA wants Kumble to continue as Indian Coach
- HERE'S WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF IT RAINS DURING THE SEMI-FINALS OF THE CHAMPIONS TROPHY