Sources have stated that India will be up against a spirited Bangladesh side on Thursday when they play the second semi-final of the ICC Champions Trophy. India so far have looked like the side to beat and barring a bad game against Sri Lanka where the bowlers failed to defend a big total, the defending champions have been right on the money.
Meanwhile with all bases covered, India would look to seal their spot in the final but for that to happen they need to go past Bangladesh, who are a dangerous side, given the fact that they have chased down a good total against New Zealand. When speaking to the media ahead of the all-important semi-final clash, India skipper Virat Kohli looked optimistic about India's chances and gave an indication that off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin might retain his place in the playing XI after a good game against South Africa.
The Indian skipper said "We gave a lot of people chances in the
practice games. Everyone has done well. He thinks Ashwin was brilliant in the
last game. There is no need to change anything".
India' middle order has not been tested so far in the tournament with the top-order scoring all the runs. Kohli reckoned, "Given an opportunity, everyone would like to finish games. Kedar (Jadhav) and Hardik (Pandya) are playing well in the lower middle-order."
Bhuvaneshwar Kumar and Shikar Dhawan out of Sri Lanka's remaining Tests Indian Opener KL Rahul said India would have won the First Test at Eden Gardens if Sun Light stayed for a little more of play. India which failed to score in 1st Innings compensated in the 2nd innings with a rapid quickfire century from Indian Skipper Virat Kohli.
- Indian Batsmen show who are the Real Boss in the 2nd Innings - Match moving towards Draw
- "Even I need rest, I am not a Robot..."
- #Italy fails to qualify for the World Cup - A shocker as Italy always gets easily qualified since 1958
- Who are you to speak about MS Dhoni? What good you did to Indian team? Netizens blast Agarkar
- Saina Nehwal beats PV Sindhu and wins National Badminton Championship
- #INDvsNZ - Chahal, Pandya, Jasprit Bumrah gifts a victory for India in 8-Over shooter
- Rain to play spoilsport in the decider T20 match?
- It's a FairyTale Ending for #AshishNehra
- India wins Nail biting series decider and clinches the series right at the death
- SHOCKING: Pune Pitch Curator dismisses as he got money from bookies in Manipulating the pitch
- Kohli's 31st Ton goes in Vain as India loses the first ODI against New Zealand
- FIFA U-17 World Cup'17 in India is the Biggest ever with Huge attendance
- Travis Head is looking played a match-winning knock in the second Twenty 20 vs India
- Virat Kohli sets a new record in T20I
- Special message to all fans for Diwali by Yuvraj Singh