In line with the government’s vision of Digital India and complemented with the RBI’s policies advocating non-cash transactions, MobiSwipe today announces that it will be deploying over 50,000 mPoS devices within the next 3 quarters of 2017. The mPoS solution enables merchants to accept payments through Swipe and Chip debit and credit cards on the go via a smartphone or tablet loaded with the MobiSwipe app connected to the pocket sized card reader.
While metros and Tier 1 cities have been steadily moving towards transacting minus cash, MobiSwipe is focused on Tier 2, Tier 3 and other smaller cities that are yet getting familiar with the concept. With nearly 1000 terminals already in operation, the company’s next target is the retail and e-commerce sector followed by financial institutions, banks, etc.
Niranj Sangal, Group CEO, OMA Emirates Group
“We see India as a huge opportunity for growth. We are strong advocators for digital payments. Demonetization was a learning curve for all to understand how payments worked and urged consumers to look beyond cash payments. Avenues have been opened for non-cash payments and today, there is more than just a handful of solutions available be it wallets, PoS, mPoS, internet banking, or Government initiatives like UPI and BHIM.
We have already received a demand for around 20,000+ MobiSwipe mPoS devices over the last few months of commencing operations and are hopeful of supplying these within the following 2 months. Simultaneously, there is a demand for PoS devices as well, indicating that India is ready and has progressed to accept non-cash payments as a better alternative. We aim to set up at least 1,00,000 of our PoS terminals by year end. ” said Niranj Sangal, Group CEO, OMA Emirates Group.
He further added, “A section of merchants have already progressed to using mPoS devices from regular PoS due to convenience, cost and mobility. In smaller cities we understand that there is lack of knowledge about operations and costs. We are hoping to bring about a change in this outlook and are attempting to reduce the costs associated with such transactions while simplifying operations and processes making it a favourable choice for all. We attempt to create an eco-system where merchants can benefit and all parties are able to profit from the system.”
The sign up procedure for MobiSwipe is simple and requires a merchant to submit KYC and the merchant agreement form. After the necessary documentation, mPoS is handed over to the merchant. A merchant can link his existing current account with MobiSwipe and does not need to open a new account as a part of the on-boarding process. Real-time transactions are enabled and funds get transferred to the merchants account on a daily basis.
MobiSwipe is available at a highly competitive price point with flexible payment options. It comes along with an Ingenico mPoS device which is PCI-DSS and PA-DSS Certified and is MasterCard preferred mPOS and Visa Ready Partner. MobiSwipe promotes paperless transactions, is a cost-effective solution as compared to PoS and is accessible via most Android smartphones. The custom web portal allows merchants to keep a record of the history, reports and other tools.
MobiSwipe is a part of the solutions offered by OMA Emirates and is currently being used by merchants across metros like Mumbai, Pune, Bengaluru, Chennai as well as other cities like Coimbatore, Cuddapah, Sriviliputhur etc.
Courtesy by www.newsvoir.com
NIIT Accredited by Learning and Performance Institute for the Second Consecutive Year NIIT Accredited by Learning and Performance Institute for the Second Consecutive Year NIIT Limited, a leading provider of managed training services announced today that it has earned the status of Accredited Learning Provider for the second consecutive year. NIIT was awarded the accreditation for its “commitment to high quality and process improvement in the provision of learning, development and training services to clients” by the Learning and Performance Institute (LPI), UK.
- GolfLan Introduce Worlds First Made in India Cloud Based Smart Golf Solutions for Global
- ICT Academy and Autodesk Announce India Design Week 2017
- Gracenote Delivers Automated TV Channel Monitoring and Reporting Solution to Broadcasters with TV Street Maps 2.0
- Airtel and Intex Join Hands to Launch a Range of Affordable 4G Smartphones Starting at Just Rs. 1649
- Payza Wins E commerce International Payment Processor Award from Stars of the Industry
- Vodafone Introduces Noidas First Free Wi Fi Enabled Bus Shelter
- Online Mutual Fund Investment Platform FundzBazar has Launched Single-stop Facility to Link Aadhaar to MF Folios
- Planet Taps Antrix ISROs PSLV for Third Time to Launch Four Dove Satellites
- pCloudy Launches Certifaya - The Artificial Intelligence Powered App Testing BOT to Speed up Software Testing
- Bahwan CyberTek Wins Order from Ecoren Energy
- Hathway Partners with Microsoft to Provide an Unbeatable Combination for the Digital Generation
- Coverfox Opens Up its Technology for Agents and Micro Entrepreneurs
- New DevOps Solutions from CA Drive Faster, Smarter Development and Better Customer Experiences
- Over 9000 Students of Business Management and Engineering Colleges Participate in 'The Hero Campus Challenge'
- Eastern Communications Partners with Tata Consultancy Services for OSS/BSS Transformation