In line with the government’s vision of Digital India and complemented with the RBI’s policies advocating non-cash transactions, MobiSwipe today announces that it will be deploying over 50,000 mPoS devices within the next 3 quarters of 2017. The mPoS solution enables merchants to accept payments through Swipe and Chip debit and credit cards on the go via a smartphone or tablet loaded with the MobiSwipe app connected to the pocket sized card reader.
While metros and Tier 1 cities have been steadily moving towards transacting minus cash, MobiSwipe is focused on Tier 2, Tier 3 and other smaller cities that are yet getting familiar with the concept. With nearly 1000 terminals already in operation, the company’s next target is the retail and e-commerce sector followed by financial institutions, banks, etc.
Niranj Sangal, Group CEO, OMA Emirates Group
“We see India as a huge opportunity for growth. We are strong advocators for digital payments. Demonetization was a learning curve for all to understand how payments worked and urged consumers to look beyond cash payments. Avenues have been opened for non-cash payments and today, there is more than just a handful of solutions available be it wallets, PoS, mPoS, internet banking, or Government initiatives like UPI and BHIM.
We have already received a demand for around 20,000+ MobiSwipe mPoS devices over the last few months of commencing operations and are hopeful of supplying these within the following 2 months. Simultaneously, there is a demand for PoS devices as well, indicating that India is ready and has progressed to accept non-cash payments as a better alternative. We aim to set up at least 1,00,000 of our PoS terminals by year end. ” said Niranj Sangal, Group CEO, OMA Emirates Group.
He further added, “A section of merchants have already progressed to using mPoS devices from regular PoS due to convenience, cost and mobility. In smaller cities we understand that there is lack of knowledge about operations and costs. We are hoping to bring about a change in this outlook and are attempting to reduce the costs associated with such transactions while simplifying operations and processes making it a favourable choice for all. We attempt to create an eco-system where merchants can benefit and all parties are able to profit from the system.”
The sign up procedure for MobiSwipe is simple and requires a merchant to submit KYC and the merchant agreement form. After the necessary documentation, mPoS is handed over to the merchant. A merchant can link his existing current account with MobiSwipe and does not need to open a new account as a part of the on-boarding process. Real-time transactions are enabled and funds get transferred to the merchants account on a daily basis.
MobiSwipe is available at a highly competitive price point with flexible payment options. It comes along with an Ingenico mPoS device which is PCI-DSS and PA-DSS Certified and is MasterCard preferred mPOS and Visa Ready Partner. MobiSwipe promotes paperless transactions, is a cost-effective solution as compared to PoS and is accessible via most Android smartphones. The custom web portal allows merchants to keep a record of the history, reports and other tools.
MobiSwipe is a part of the solutions offered by OMA Emirates and is currently being used by merchants across metros like Mumbai, Pune, Bengaluru, Chennai as well as other cities like Coimbatore, Cuddapah, Sriviliputhur etc.
Courtesy by www.newsvoir.com
Travel Tech Startup TRAVELSPICE Expands Use of Microsoft Azure Travel Tech Startup TRAVELSPICE Expands Use of Microsoft Azure Travel technology start-up, TRAVELSPICE, today announced increased use of data analytics, machine learning, BOT services and the scalable infrastructure offered by Microsoft Azure to support India's only and rapidly growing e-commerce hotel booking platform. TRAVELSPICE is exclusively designed for flexible and brand agnostic customers who decide the price they want to pay for a particular area and hotel star rating. These customers p
- NOKIA 8 - High End Specifications with 24 Megapixels camera - At Low Price !!!
- HCL Launches A.I Powered Process Transformation Platform and Consulting
- HTC VIVE Announces Special Independence Day Bundle offer
- Wipro, Excelfore Partner to Offer Secure Connectivity Solutions for Next-Gen Smart and Autonomous Vehicles
- HAT-TRICK for Sony Pictures Networks Distribution India
- Wipro Partners with and Invests in Tricentis to Deliver End-to-End Hyper Automation across Quality Lifecycle
- Vodafone Play Expands its Infotainment Section with the Bouquet of 12 Discovery Channels
- Acer Launches Nitro 5 Gaming Laptops
- How to download iOS 11 beta version
- Jaguar Land Rover to offer GST Related Benefits of up to 12% to Customers with Immediate Effect
- SumTotal Named Hot Software Vendor
- HCL Infosystems Reports Revenue of Rs 685 Crore
- Enterprises can Now Improve Field Force Productivity with Vodafone Mobile Workforce Essentials
- Wipro and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Partner to Offer Consumption-based IT Infrastructure Solutions
- Bhopal Surgeons have a date with a Roving Robot