Sources have stated that Google's Smart Reply, a feature that suggests smart responses to a received email, is coming to Gmail on Android and iOS, Google announced on Wednesday. The feature was already available on the Inbox by Gmail application and Allo, Google's smart chat app. When a user receives an email, Smart Reply presents them with three responses to choose from; based on the email they received. For example, if the email suggests meeting at a date and time, one of the responses might mention if that date and time is good or bad for the user.
According to a press release announcing the feature, users can choose to send one of the provided replies immediately, or they can edit and customize the message before sending. Because Smart Reply relies on machine learning, the more users make use of the feature, the better its responses will be. For example, if you tend to send short replies, like a simple "Thanks," the service will eventually begin suggesting more replies that follow that style.
According to the release, Smart Reply for Gmail will initially roll out
globally in English, but will be available in Spanish a few weeks after that
Google's work with artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning continue
to seep into its work in business technology. In fact, the company is even
using AI to help other companies fill jobs, and to help professionals
detect objects in videos.
by Tech Republic's Nick Health, Google seems to be pursuing narrow,
focused AI that is good at specific tasks, as opposed to AI that is more like
general human intelligence. And as Google's deep mind continues to
beat champion Go players and improve its intelligence, one can only wonder what
Google's next AI-powered tool or service will be.
CA Technologies Announces FreshTracks.io, its Latest Software Incubator Project CA Technologies Announces FreshTracks.io, its Latest Software Incubator Project CA WORLD ’17 – CA Technologies (NASDAQ:CA) today announced the open registration for the FreshTracks.io beta program, one of the latest innovations stemming from the CA Accelerator Program, bringing the total to 10 start-ups currently enrolled in the incubator. The CA Accelerator incubations function like lean startups within the company, where internal innovators receive support and funding to develop
- Videojet Launches the Next Generation of Thermal Transfer Overprinters (TTO) to Meet Manufacturers' Code Quality Needs
- Jugnoo Introduces Concierge Service - Fatafat
- Wide Gap Between Digital Strategy and Execution at Global Level', Finds Study
- Vodafone Enables Reliance Communications Customers To Port Out and Continue Using their Number
- Amazon Tops the Digital Advertiser Charts on Desktop and Mobile
- Click Labs Launches YeloTaking Offline Businesses Online
- Small Businesses Drive Growth for the Web Developer Ecosystem in India
- Rock Brings Innovative Big-on-power and Slim Polymer Power Banks to India
- Malaysia Airlines Reaches the Cloud with Tata Consultancy Services
- KOR Energy Installs Solar Systems at Cold Storages
- Launch of the Report State of Urban Water and Sanitation in India on Improving Access to Clean Water and Sanitation Facility
- Salesforce Releases New Research on the Salesforce Economy - Creating 3.3 Million New Jobs
- HCL Technologies Powers Volvo Ocean Race 2017-18
- Wipro cited as a Leader in Everest group Peak matrix technology Leader in Everest Group
- This Diwali, Pay through MobiKwik QR Code and Win Gold