Sources have stated that Google's Smart Reply, a feature that suggests smart responses to a received email, is coming to Gmail on Android and iOS, Google announced on Wednesday. The feature was already available on the Inbox by Gmail application and Allo, Google's smart chat app. When a user receives an email, Smart Reply presents them with three responses to choose from; based on the email they received. For example, if the email suggests meeting at a date and time, one of the responses might mention if that date and time is good or bad for the user.
According to a press release announcing the feature, users can choose to send one of the provided replies immediately, or they can edit and customize the message before sending. Because Smart Reply relies on machine learning, the more users make use of the feature, the better its responses will be. For example, if you tend to send short replies, like a simple "Thanks," the service will eventually begin suggesting more replies that follow that style.
According to the release, Smart Reply for Gmail will initially roll out
globally in English, but will be available in Spanish a few weeks after that
Google's work with artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning continue
to seep into its work in business technology. In fact, the company is even
using AI to help other companies fill jobs, and to help professionals
detect objects in videos.
by Tech Republic's Nick Health, Google seems to be pursuing narrow,
focused AI that is good at specific tasks, as opposed to AI that is more like
general human intelligence. And as Google's deep mind continues to
beat champion Go players and improve its intelligence, one can only wonder what
Google's next AI-powered tool or service will be.
Latest Version of Epicor ERP Extends Manufacturing Leadership with Launch of Powerful Cloud-Based Analytics Latest Version of Epicor ERP Extends Manufacturing Leadership with Launch of Powerful Cloud-Based Analytics and Global Electronic Compliance Unveiled at its Insights 2017 customer conference, Epicor Software Corporation, a global provider of industry-specific enterprise software to promote business growth, has introduced the latest version of Epicor ERP, the global enterprise resource planning solution in use today by thousands of customers in 150 countries worldwide.
- Unlimited Plans for Everyone - Vodafone Integrated Plans Break All Barriers
- Infosys Launches Boundaryless Data Lake offering Powered by its Information Grid Solution on Amazon Web Services
- MLSL Unveils Nguru Quick School Parent App - One-stop Solution for Parents to Monitor their Child's Performance in School
- Infosys Foundation Invests in the Sustainable Development of Tribal Villages oF MP
- Acer India Appoints Rajeev Chandrashekar as Director to Strengthen Gaming Business
- Smart Reply for Google suggested responses to emails in Android and iOS
- NxtGen Enhances Hybrid Cloud Capabilities with New Disaster Recovery as a Service from Zerto
- Kutchina Launches Exclusive Outlet in Bangalore
- Cisco Inaugurates Cyber Range Lab in India
- Celebrating LG's 20 Years of Life's Good with a Heart Touching Short Film
- Sony Pictures Networks Awarded 'Aon Best Employers India 2017' Title
- Wipro and Harte Hanks to Offer Marketing Technology Services
- Vodafone Launches SuperWifi to Boost Digital Transformation of Organizations
- Young Students Rule the Roost as Winners of L&T Technology Services
- HTC Announces VIVE Product Launch in India