India continues to remain Intel’s largest Research & Development (R&D) site outside of the US
The new design housewill help consolidate Intel India’s engineering operations into specialized facility for R&D activities in Bengaluru
The new `smart & green’ building will use IoT-based smart features and renewable energy sources
Recognizing the potential in India early, Intel has invested over INR 28,000 crores in the country, since 1999.
Reinforcing its commitment to advance cutting edge research and development (R&D) and innovation in India, Intel today announced that it will invest over INR 1100 crores* to expand its R&D presence and build a new state-of-the-art design house in Bengaluru. The proposed facility will be located at Intel’s 44-acre campus on Sarjapur Ring Road (SRR) in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
With approximately 620,000 sq. ft. of space including lab capacity, the new building with specialized infrastructure will be used for design and verification purposes. This additional capacity will help Intel India consolidate its R&D operations to a large extentat the SRR campus.
Designed to be a `smart and green’ building, the upcoming facility, SRR 4 will be constructed using ‘One Storey High Technology’,with each floor being built on ground, then lifted and attached to the top of the building and then built from the roof downwards. This Technology will enable reduction of scheduled construction time by 30 percent, as compared to traditional construction methods. The second** such building in India, it will be constructed entirely by local contractors. The building will be equipped with IoT-based smart features, including smart lights andreal-time occupancy management, and will use renewable energy sources like solar and fuel cell-based power.
“Karnataka has always been in the forefront when it comes to the IT industry, being the centre of investment, our Invest Karnataka initiative is proving its worth with such beneficial investments in the recent years. Such investments will bring tremendous job opportunities and strengthen the IT sector in the country.” said Siddaramaiah, Chief Minister of Karnataka.
|Intel unveiling new building blueprint|
“Bengaluru has the right potential required for growth in the IT industries and such an investment will propel the state and in turn move the country forward in achieving greater heights. This is one of the many investment agendas that we have planned for the state. I’m confident that Intel’s investments will encourage innovation and bring in more opportunities” said Priyank Kharge, IT, BT Minister, Government of Karnataka.
“Intel India plays a very strategic role in Intel’s growth, with significant contributions to Intel’s technology and product leadership,” said Nivruti Rai, Intel India General Manager, Vice president of Data Center Group. “We are excited about expanding our best-in-class design capabilities in India that will enable us to continue our momentum in doing cutting-edge innovation and design from India. We look forward to working with the vibrant ecosystem in India and contribute to the country’s innovation journey and growth”.
Intel India is Intel’s largest design center outside the U. S. In the past 15+ years since the company started its R&D operations in the country, Intel has consistently invested in growing its R&D and innovation presence here. It has invested in hiring and developing talent, state-of-the-art facilities and innovation and entrepreneurship programs. Intel India is engaged in cutting edge engineering work such as chip/system-on-chip design, graphics, software and platform for the cloud, devices and IoT markets involving advanced technology areas such as artificial intelligence, virtual reality and 5G.
Bhopal Surgeons have a date with a Roving Robot Bhopal Surgeons have a date with a Roving Robot A da Vinci surgical robot is being taken around to visit 20 Indian cities. Now, on July 24, it makes its way to Bhopal where its impressive minimally invasive precision will be live-demoed to surgeons from different specialties.
- Infosys Recognized as a Leader in NelsonHalls NEAT Report
- Acer Creates the "Acer Day" Brand Event and Establishes an Energetic Brand Image Through Innovative Interactions
- GOOD NEWS FOR ALL Jio USERS !
- Huwai Wireless X Labs and GTI Jointly Release Cloud Robotics White Paper
- Intex Technologies Appoints Jayesh Parekh to Lead Consumer Durables Business
- Vodafone Introduces Gurugram First Wi-Fi Enabled Bus Shelter
- OPPLE Unveils Another Pair of Exceptionally Amazing LED
- Dell EMC Launches Next Generation of the World's Best-selling Server Portfolio
- Infosys Drives Change through Environmental Sustainability Initiatives at its Bengaluru
- Intex Technologies Honoured at the Jawaharlal Nehru Custom House (JNCH) Direct Port Delivery (DPD) Awards
- Trishneet Arora in GQ's The 50 Most Influential Young Indians list
- L&T Technology Services Conferred with World Quality Congress Award for Quality Excellence in Planning, Processes and Systems
- Dell Aims to Fulfill 60 percent of Energy Demand through Renewable Energy Sources by 2020 in India
- TCS technology wins best supplIer Award Ericson
- NOKIA is BACK IN STYLE: 6GB RAM and 24MP Camera for Edge 2017