India continues to remain Intel’s largest Research & Development (R&D) site outside of the US
The new design housewill help consolidate Intel India’s engineering operations into specialized facility for R&D activities in Bengaluru
The new `smart & green’ building will use IoT-based smart features and renewable energy sources
Recognizing the potential in India early, Intel has invested over INR 28,000 crores in the country, since 1999.
Reinforcing its commitment to advance cutting edge research and development (R&D) and innovation in India, Intel today announced that it will invest over INR 1100 crores* to expand its R&D presence and build a new state-of-the-art design house in Bengaluru. The proposed facility will be located at Intel’s 44-acre campus on Sarjapur Ring Road (SRR) in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
With approximately 620,000 sq. ft. of space including lab capacity, the new building with specialized infrastructure will be used for design and verification purposes. This additional capacity will help Intel India consolidate its R&D operations to a large extentat the SRR campus.
Designed to be a `smart and green’ building, the upcoming facility, SRR 4 will be constructed using ‘One Storey High Technology’,with each floor being built on ground, then lifted and attached to the top of the building and then built from the roof downwards. This Technology will enable reduction of scheduled construction time by 30 percent, as compared to traditional construction methods. The second** such building in India, it will be constructed entirely by local contractors. The building will be equipped with IoT-based smart features, including smart lights andreal-time occupancy management, and will use renewable energy sources like solar and fuel cell-based power.
“Karnataka has always been in the forefront when it comes to the IT industry, being the centre of investment, our Invest Karnataka initiative is proving its worth with such beneficial investments in the recent years. Such investments will bring tremendous job opportunities and strengthen the IT sector in the country.” said Siddaramaiah, Chief Minister of Karnataka.
|Intel unveiling new building blueprint|
“Bengaluru has the right potential required for growth in the IT industries and such an investment will propel the state and in turn move the country forward in achieving greater heights. This is one of the many investment agendas that we have planned for the state. I’m confident that Intel’s investments will encourage innovation and bring in more opportunities” said Priyank Kharge, IT, BT Minister, Government of Karnataka.
“Intel India plays a very strategic role in Intel’s growth, with significant contributions to Intel’s technology and product leadership,” said Nivruti Rai, Intel India General Manager, Vice president of Data Center Group. “We are excited about expanding our best-in-class design capabilities in India that will enable us to continue our momentum in doing cutting-edge innovation and design from India. We look forward to working with the vibrant ecosystem in India and contribute to the country’s innovation journey and growth”.
Intel India is Intel’s largest design center outside the U. S. In the past 15+ years since the company started its R&D operations in the country, Intel has consistently invested in growing its R&D and innovation presence here. It has invested in hiring and developing talent, state-of-the-art facilities and innovation and entrepreneurship programs. Intel India is engaged in cutting edge engineering work such as chip/system-on-chip design, graphics, software and platform for the cloud, devices and IoT markets involving advanced technology areas such as artificial intelligence, virtual reality and 5G.
NOKIA 8 - High End Specifications with 24 Megapixels camera - At Low Price !!! Nokia 8 is one of the highly anticipated smartphones and the phone is expected to come with a 5.7-inch touch screen display with a high-end resolution of 1440 pixels by 2560 pixels. The phone is expected to have Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor and it has an internal storage capacity of 64GB.
- HCL Launches A.I Powered Process Transformation Platform and Consulting
- HTC VIVE Announces Special Independence Day Bundle offer
- Wipro, Excelfore Partner to Offer Secure Connectivity Solutions for Next-Gen Smart and Autonomous Vehicles
- HAT-TRICK for Sony Pictures Networks Distribution India
- Wipro Partners with and Invests in Tricentis to Deliver End-to-End Hyper Automation across Quality Lifecycle
- Vodafone Play Expands its Infotainment Section with the Bouquet of 12 Discovery Channels
- Acer Launches Nitro 5 Gaming Laptops
- How to download iOS 11 beta version
- Jaguar Land Rover to offer GST Related Benefits of up to 12% to Customers with Immediate Effect
- SumTotal Named Hot Software Vendor
- HCL Infosystems Reports Revenue of Rs 685 Crore
- Enterprises can Now Improve Field Force Productivity with Vodafone Mobile Workforce Essentials
- Wipro and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Partner to Offer Consumption-based IT Infrastructure Solutions
- Bhopal Surgeons have a date with a Roving Robot
- Infosys Recognized as a Leader in NelsonHalls NEAT Report