Infosys recently launched its 10th Sustainability Report highlighting the various responsible business practices undertaken by the company across economic, social and environmental parameters in accordance with the Global Reporting initiative G4 (comprehensive) guidelines. In line with its sustainability policy, Infosys has focused its efforts on enhancing environmental performance by improving energy efficiency, becoming water sustainable, minimizing waste-to-landfills, increasing the use of renewable energy, reducing carbon footprint and contributing to biodiversity.
Some of the key initiatives that were undertaken at its Bengaluru campus are as follows:
Renewable Energy: In order to reduce carbon footprint, Infosys has invested in various energy efficiency measures including lighting, UPS, building management systems, facade retrofit projects. The company has also Installed 15.2 MW solar capacity (rooftop + ground-mount) across India since 2009. Bengaluru contributes 1.5 MW of installed capacity.
Food waste Management: To address waste management in an integrated manner, the company has installed biogas plants with an overall capacity of 9.25 TPD across various campuses. Infosys has set up a fully automated biogas plant at its Bengaluru campus, with a capacity to treat two tonnes of food waste per day. The plant also allows online monitoring and reduces manual operations and errors. Furthermore, the company also has 3.1 TPD installed capacity of composting plants in different campuses including Bengaluru.
Sludge Treatment: In its approach to address sewage sludge from waste water treatment plants, Infosys has collaborated with Leibniz University, Germany, and has engineered a fully automated solar-heat assisted greenhouse dryer at Bengaluru and Mysuru. These facilities now has a cumulative treating capacity of 1.2 million kg of sludge annually. The wet sludge is dried and sanitized in the greenhouse, resulting in an annual fertilizer production of over 300 tonnes.
Precast Buildings: Infosys has undertaken a pioneering project to showcase precast technology in India and is executing a 4.95 lakh sq. ft. facility in Bengaluru using this technology
CA Technologies Announces FreshTracks.io, its Latest Software Incubator Project CA Technologies Announces FreshTracks.io, its Latest Software Incubator Project CA WORLD ’17 – CA Technologies (NASDAQ:CA) today announced the open registration for the FreshTracks.io beta program, one of the latest innovations stemming from the CA Accelerator Program, bringing the total to 10 start-ups currently enrolled in the incubator. The CA Accelerator incubations function like lean startups within the company, where internal innovators receive support and funding to develop
- Videojet Launches the Next Generation of Thermal Transfer Overprinters (TTO) to Meet Manufacturers' Code Quality Needs
- Jugnoo Introduces Concierge Service - Fatafat
- Wide Gap Between Digital Strategy and Execution at Global Level', Finds Study
- Vodafone Enables Reliance Communications Customers To Port Out and Continue Using their Number
- Amazon Tops the Digital Advertiser Charts on Desktop and Mobile
- Click Labs Launches YeloTaking Offline Businesses Online
- Small Businesses Drive Growth for the Web Developer Ecosystem in India
- Rock Brings Innovative Big-on-power and Slim Polymer Power Banks to India
- Malaysia Airlines Reaches the Cloud with Tata Consultancy Services
- KOR Energy Installs Solar Systems at Cold Storages
- Launch of the Report State of Urban Water and Sanitation in India on Improving Access to Clean Water and Sanitation Facility
- Salesforce Releases New Research on the Salesforce Economy - Creating 3.3 Million New Jobs
- HCL Technologies Powers Volvo Ocean Race 2017-18
- Wipro cited as a Leader in Everest group Peak matrix technology Leader in Everest Group
- This Diwali, Pay through MobiKwik QR Code and Win Gold