India’s major telecom services provider, the Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL), has of late emerged from its shabby past under the dynamic leadership of present CMD Anupam Shrivastava. As a testimony to his outstanding achievements the BSNL CMD was conferred the Wi-Fi Leader of the Year award and BSNL was felicitated the Best Wi-Fi Service Provider.
The day-long summit themed ‘My India-Wi-Fi India Summit & Awards 2017’ was organised by leading digital media organisation DigiAnalysys in New Delhi with the active support and cooperation from leading players in the telecom industry.
BSNL was awarded the Best Wi-Fi service provider in the country. The company has crossed the 10,000 hotspot mark in the current year. Awards were given in about 20 different categories that included Best Public Wi-Fi Project (RailTel and Google), Best Home Wi-Fi Service Provider (Bharti Airtel), Editor’s Choice Wi-Fi Catalyst Award (Reliance Jio), Editor’s Choice Wi-Fi Catalyst Award (Facebook), Best Wi-Fi Service Provider (South) - QuadGen Wireless, Best Wi-Fi Service Provider (West) - MTNL, Best Wi-Fi Innovation (Shouut) and others. FireFly Networks was given the Best Wi-Fi Startup award while Tata DoComo was given the Best Wi-Fi Roaming Provider and Best Wi-Fi Service Provider (North) award.
Earlier inaugurating the conference, South Delhi Municipal Corporation’ Mayor Kamaljeet Sehrawat while hailing the efforts of the organisers said, “Wi-Fi has now become a necessity of a common man’s life and innovative approaches should be adopted for its seamless spread along the width and length of the country”.
The summit spread along four sessions had discussions on a wide range of issues and subjects in the Wi-Fi sector in which industry veterans, experts and stakeholders participated. The panel discussion on themes like Connecting the Unconnected; Public Wi-Fi Business Models: Scalability, Sustainability and Interoperability; and Public Wi-Fi in Villages: Deployment, Innovation, Security and Applications were highlights of the summit in which ideas were shared and discussed by who’ who of telecom industry from various sectors.
On this occasion, a Wi-Fi Hotspot Report - 2017 was also unveiled. The report has been prepared by DigiAnalysys in association with Rethink— a technology research outfit. The report talks about Wi-Fi hotspot market to be 45,000 in India as on March 2017 and this is forecast to reach 550,000 by March 2020 due to BharatNet Village Hotspots, College hotspots, retail hotspots, PDO/PDOA hotspots and Bus hotspots.
My India Wi-Fi India Awards 2017
1. Best Wi-Fi Startup Vendor - i2e1
2. Best Make in India Wi-Fi Company - DIGISOL Systems
3. Best Cloud Wi-Fi Vendor - Mojo Networks
4. Best Home Wi-Fi Service Provider - Bharti Airtel
5. Best Wi-Fi Service Provider (North) - Tata Docomo
6. Best Wi-Fi Service Provider (South) - QuadGen Wireless Solutions
7. Best Wi-Fi Service Provider (East) - Indinet Services
8. Best Wi-Fi Service Provider (West) - MTNL
9. Best Wi-Fi Security Vendor - Cisco Systems
10. Best Wi-Fi Monetisation Provider - Kloudspot
11. Best Wi-Fi OSS/BSS Provider - Sterlite Tech
12. Best Wi-Fi Roaming Provider - Tata Docomo
13. Best IoT Product - D-Link
14. Best Wi-Fi Startup (Service Provider) - FireFly Networks
15. Best Wi-Fi Innovation - Shoot
16. Best Public Wi-Fi Project - RailTel
17. Best Public Wi-Fi Project - Google
18. Editor's Choice Wi-Fi Catalyst Award - Facebook
19. Editor's Choice Wi-Fi Catalyst Award - Reliance Jio
20. Best Wi-Fi Service Provider - BSNL
21. Wi-Fi Leader of The Year Award - Anupam Shrivastava, CMD, BSNL
DigiAnalysys is the only media globally focusing on digital transformation of enterprise, government and carrier. The focus is on digital and analysys for both India and global developments. DigiAnalysys will focus on network, devices, applications and content and how they are transforming industry verticals.
Digitization is creating disruption in industry verticals thanks to the innovation cycle which are measured in days and weeks, not months and years. For e.g. carriers are focusing on broadbanding its infrastructure so that consumers can consume digital services. For government, it helps in better connect with its citizens. Digitization enables businesses to operate more efficiently and also helps in opening new markets and customers.
DigiAnalysys caters to all stakeholders of the ICT sector such as policy makers, service providers, equipment vendors, device vendors and manufacturers, semicon players, OTT providers, enterprise users and others. DigiAnalysys is the online media portal of Sindhu Media Pvt. Ltd, headquartered out of New Delhi, India.
Get SIM Upgrade and Aadhar Linking done at your Doorstep, through Vodafone Mobile Vans Get SIM Upgrade and Aadhar Linking done at your Doorstep, through Vodafone Mobile Vans As a part of Vodafone’s endeavor to make their customers lives simpler and better for people residing in the rural heartland of the state, Vodafone has deployed two mobile vans to travel to the villages and smaller towns of Rajasthan, facilitating doorstep SIM upgrades and Aadhar verification.
- OnePlus 5T Goes on Sale Today at 4:30PM
- GoDaddy Runs in Support of Underprivileged Children
- CA Technologies Announces FreshTracks.io, its Latest Software Incubator Project
- Videojet Launches the Next Generation of Thermal Transfer Overprinters (TTO) to Meet Manufacturers' Code Quality Needs
- Jugnoo Introduces Concierge Service - Fatafat
- Wide Gap Between Digital Strategy and Execution at Global Level', Finds Study
- Vodafone Enables Reliance Communications Customers To Port Out and Continue Using their Number
- Amazon Tops the Digital Advertiser Charts on Desktop and Mobile
- Click Labs Launches YeloTaking Offline Businesses Online
- Small Businesses Drive Growth for the Web Developer Ecosystem in India
- Rock Brings Innovative Big-on-power and Slim Polymer Power Banks to India
- Malaysia Airlines Reaches the Cloud with Tata Consultancy Services
- KOR Energy Installs Solar Systems at Cold Storages
- Launch of the Report State of Urban Water and Sanitation in India on Improving Access to Clean Water and Sanitation Facility
- Salesforce Releases New Research on the Salesforce Economy - Creating 3.3 Million New Jobs