Hindi: chawalHow many times have we thought rice is a blessing? We use it for holy purposes but we also can pressure up a quick pulao or khichdi when hunger pangs are drumming away! This is one grain that is about 98% percent digestible. In India we are familiar with Basmati, Patna or brown rice but it is also available as Italian Rice and Glutinous Rice which is popular in Chinese and Japanese cuisines.
Prep Time : 31-40 minutes
Cook time : 26-30 minutes
Serve : 4
Level Of Cooking : Easy
Taste : Spicy
Ingredients for Poha Chicken Bhujing Recipe
Pressed rice (poha) 2 cups
Chicken legs boneless, cut into 1 inch pieces 400 grams
Cumin powder 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder 2 teaspoons
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder ½ teaspoon
Potatoes thickly sliced with skin 2 medium
Oil 6 tablespoons
Ghee as required
Garlic cloves 4-5
Green chillies 2
Ginger 1 inch
Dried coconut ( khopra) grated ½ cup
Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
Garam masala powder ½ teaspoon
Onions sliced 2 medium
Fresh coriander leaves chopped 2 tablespoons
Wash the pressed rice under running water and set aside.
Heat a piece of coal on direct flame.
Take chicken pieces in a bowl. Add cumin powder, coriander powder, salt, ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder and potatoes, mix and set aside to marinate for 10-15 minutes.
Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a non-stick pan. Add marinated chicken mixture and cook on high heat for 5-6 minutes. Reduce heat, cover and cook for 3-4 minutes.
Transfer the cooked chicken mixture into a bowl. Place a steel katori in the centre and put the hot piece of coal in it. Pour some ghee on it and cover the bowl immediately. Set aside for 2-3 minutes.
Blend together garlic, green chillies, ginger, coconut, chilli powder and garam masala powder to a coarse paste with very little water.
Heat remaining oil in another non-stick pan. Add onions and sauté till golden brown.
Add the coconut paste, mix and sauté till oil separates. Add remaining turmeric powder, mix and sauté for a few seconds.
Add smoked chicken mixture and pressed rice and mix well. Adjust the seasoning and sprinkle some water.Cover and cook on low heat for 2-3 minutes.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
How to make Gulabari Kofta Biryani - Rice cooked with mutton kofta and flavoured generously with rose water and rose pet How to make Gulabari Kofta Biryani - Rice cooked with mutton kofta and flavoured generously with rose water and rose pet Hyderabad’s 400-year-old culinary history, like its culture, is unmatched by any other state in India. Of all the Muslim cuisines, Hyderabadi is the only one in the sub-continent that can boast of a major vegetarian section. This has much to do with the local influences. Considering that the elite of the erstwhile Hyderabad state came from the north of India and was almost en
- How to make Butter Chicken Biryani Rich andYummy !
- How to make Mutton Ghee Roast - Boneless mutton cooked and cooked in ghee with a roasted spice masala.
- How to make Thai Chicken Salad with Crunchy Quinoa
- Lemon Rice Recipe
- Egg Fried Rice and Chicken Manchurian Recipe Card
- Rap with a Wrap at SUBWAY
- Top ten egg Recipes
- How to make Thai Rice Bowl - A complete Thai meal in a bowl new recipe
- How to make Egg Fried Rice and Chicken Manchurian - Make these Chinese delicacies at home and enjoy with your entire family.
- How to make Bhaji Par Eeda - Parsis love eggs and they cook them in a variety of ways
- Andhra Chicken Pickle Recipe Card
- Top 15 food trends of 2017
- Andhra Style Mutton Curry Recipe Card
- How to make Poha Chicken Hot Bhujing
- How to make Thai Rice Bowl - A complete Thai meal in a bowl