How many times have we thought rice is a blessing? We use it for holy purposes but we also can pressure up a quick pulao or khichdi when hunger pangs are drumming away! This is one grain that is about 98% percent digestible. In India we are familiar with Basmati, Patna or brown rice but it is also available as Italian Rice and Glutinous Rice which is popular in Chinese and Japanese cuisines.
Prep Time : 16-20 minutes
Cook time : 16-20 minutes
Serve : 4
Level Of Cooking : Easy
Taste : Spicy
Ingredients for Thai Rice Bowl Recipe
Cooked rice 3 cups
Thai red curry paste 2 tablespoons
Boneless chicken cut into 2 inch strips 250 grams
Light soy sauce 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Garlic chopped 1 tablespoon
Oil 3 tablespoons
Fresh red chilli finely chopped 1
Onion finely chopped 1 medium
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
Coconut milk ¾-1 cup
Fresh coriander sprigs for garnishing
Take chicken in a bowl. Add 1 tablespoon red curry paste, soy sauce, salt and ½ tablespoon garlic and mix well. Set aside to marinate.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a non-stick pan. Add remaining garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add ½ of red chilli and onion, mix and sauté till onion turns translucent.
Add rice and toss. Add salt and toss again. Add crushed peppercorns and mix.
4. To prepare curry, heat 1 tablespoon oil in another non-stick pan. Add remaining red chilli and sauté for 30 seconds. Add remaining red curry paste and sauté for 1 minute. Add coconut milk gradually, mix and cook for 1 minute. Add salt, mix and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Skewer each marinated chicken strips onto satay sticks.
Heat remaining oil in a third non-stick pan. Place the chicken skewers in it and cook, rotating the sticks,till fully done and golden from all sides.
Transfer rice mixture into a serving bowl. Place skewers over it and pour the curry on top.Serve hot garnished with a coriander sprig.
How to make Chana Masala Rice - Kala chana and rice How to make Chana Masala Rice - Kala chana and rice How to make Chana Masala Rice - Kala chana and rice mixed with chana masala and other flavourful spicesHow to make Chana Masala Rice - Kala chana and rice mixed with chana masala and other flavourful spices
- Chicken Coriander and Corn Soup Recipe Card
- 7 winter stews from around the world
- Chocolate Burfi Recipe
- How to make Egg Fried Rice and Chicken Manchurian - Make these Chinese delicacies at home and enjoy with your entire family.
- How to make Chicken Stroganoff - Chicken cooked in creamy tomato sauce flavored with mushrooms
- How to make Andhra Brinjal Pachadi - Spicy and bursting with wonderful flavors, this brinjal preparation from Andhra is irresistible
- How to make Cronut Sandwich - Deep-fried cronuts
- How to make Thai Rice Bowl
- How to make Dry Chilli Chicken
- How to make Burnt Garlic Mushroom Soup
- Top 15 food trends of 2017
- How to make Breakfast Burrito - Start your day on a delicious note with this tortilla burrito
- How to make Tomato Pickle
- How to make Dal Tadka
- How to make French Toast Pudding - Egg-milk mixture poured over toasted bread cubes and baked.