New Delhi sources have stated that the Revenue Department had clarified that sale of old jewelry as well as old vehicles by individuals will not attract any GST as the sale is not for furthering any business. Meanwhile when clarifying on Revenue Secretary Hasmukh Adhia's comments yesterday stating that it was informed at GST that "purchase of old gold jewelry by a jeweler from a consumer will be subject to GST at the rate of 3% under reverse charge mechanism in terms of the provisions contained in Section 9(4) of the Central GST Act, 2017."
Meanwhile it then went on to state that the said section has to be read in conjunction with another section and "even though the sale of old gold by an individual is for a consideration, it cannot be said to be in the course or furtherance of his business (as selling old gold jewelry is not the business of the said individual), and hence does not qualify to be a supply per se."
Accordingly, the sale of old jewelry by an individual to a jeweler will
not attract the provisions of Section 9(4) and jeweler will not be liable to
pay tax under reverse charge mechanism (RCM) on such purchases.
Saurbh Vatsa, a General Motors veteran joined the Indian unit of Peugeot as head of marketing New Delhi sources have reported that the three newly established foreign car makers namely Puegeot, M G Motor India and Kia Motor India have beefed up appointments at the key roles. According to sources Saurbh Vatsa, a General Motors veteran has recently joined the Indian unit of Peugeot as head of marketing.
- GST not imposed for second hand car by an individual
- 250 smart poles to be installed in Hubballi-Dharwad for charging Electric Vehicles
- TCS hiring by PSA aims at designing products for Hyundai and Maruti
- Italian super sports luxury carmaker said 2017 was a challenging year with impact of GST
- Planning to buy Diesel cars? But read this before getting it as they are too expensive than Petrol cars
- Skoda closes financial year 2017 by 30% growth
- EV thrust renewable energy with improved technology helps India bring down its fuel import bill
- A New Milestone for Maruti Suzuki in 2018!
- Electric Vehicle industry soon to be established in AP
- Auto industry managed to gather pace this fiscal
- So, this is the new competition for Honda?
- By 2030 Piyush Goyal holding power aims to become 100% e-vehicle nation
- Maruti Suzuki's Dzire is the most wanted car - Sales percentage has increased
- Germany's Audi abandoned plans to sell its Italian motorcycle brand Ducati
- Domestic sales of Passenger Vehicles grew up April to November 2017