Chennai sources have stated that Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India (HMSI), the second largest two-wheeler company in India behind Hero Motocorp, is working to a new strategy to close the volume gap between the two players and target the No 1 spot in the market.
Meanwhile this involves targeting the two-wheeler segment (75-110 cc motorcycles) and markets where HMSI still lags behind Hero Motocorp and take on the competition with aggressive products and network expansion.
Furthermore the new twist is that HMSI is looking to take on its biggest
rival not just with motorcycles but with scooters that can appeal to the same
demographic that is currently causing the gap between the No1 and No2 two
wheeler companies in India. Moreover Hero MotoCorp's conviction comes out of
the fact that some analysts are predicting that scooterization is running out
of steam because penetration is already close to 35%.
Tata Nexon AMT Car available for Rs. 7.50 Lakhs According to latest report Tata has launched the mid-spec, AMT equipped Nexon XMA at Rs 7.50 lakh and Rs 8.53 lakh depending on whether you want the petrol engine or the diesel motor under the hood. The Indian brand introduced the Nexon AMT in May (only available in the top-spec XZA+ trim), priced from Rs 9.41 lakh for the petrol and Rs 10.39 lakh for the diesel.
- A Temporary shut down for Honda Scooters
- RR 310 Apache Bike now ready for sales
- Suzuki Burgman Street scooters ready for launch
- Refreshed Honda Jazz hatchback gets four petrol & three diesel variants
- Diesel Vehicles demand will fall 35% by 2019
- All new Skoda Rapid to launch by 2021
- Honda Jass updated version likely by this month end
- Dealerships & manufacturers offer a number of discounts on scooters & motorcycles
- Skoda aims to double combined market share to 5% by 2025
- Audi Company hints at introducing A1 if government relaxes import norms for luxury cars
- Small car concept will preview a new Suzuki sub-brand
- Toyota wraps off its new Century luxury Sedan Car
- Launch of Audi Q5 Petrol Vehicle by June 28
- Face lifted Figo sedan for export markets hints at updates
- Ola Cabs to incorporate Jayem EV in its fleet soon