Hubballi sources have questioned that How about charging your electric vehicle from an electricity pole if you are stranded on the way? And how about browsing the internet free of cost by connecting your device to Wi-Fi hotspots on such poles? These are two of the many more services that 250 smart poles to be installed at many places in Hubballi-Dharwad will offer.
According to sources the project will be taken up under the Smart City project. Meanwhile the Hubballi-Dharwad Smart City Limited (HDSCL) special officer, S H Naregal, told TOI that each poll is expected to cost Rs 10 lakh. Meanwhile he added that the smart poles will be installed under design build finance operate transfer (DBFOT) in public private partnership (PPP)".
Further the Smart poles will have telecom tower
infrastructure to match with the cities aesthetic and ready to accommodate
technology as 4G and 5G. They will be energy efficient in which LED street
lights can be controlled remotely and offer Wi-Fi services.
Indian cities are more congested than other Asian countries New Delhi sources stated that according to the Boston Consulting Group (BCG) survey, up to 89% of people plan to buy a new car in the next five years. As per report over 79% would refrain from buying a car if ride sharing matches car ownership for affordability and convenience.
- Volkswagen luxury car maker Audi plans to launch products in double digits
- Why M&M share crashed at the end of Fiscal year 2018?
- HMSI number 1 in two wheeler makers in 15 states
- Maruti Suzuki's Super Carry Mini-truck now available across 25 states
- Vehicle numbers increasing day by day, Electric bus a remedy
- Tata Motors becomes 4th largest PV Maker this year
- New technology number plates intended to bring in uniformity across states
- Export is a key business strategy for Nissan in India
- Government extends financial support of Rs 8,730 crore for second phase of FAME India
- Incentives to battery makers for promoting electric vehicles
- Prospects of ride-sharing & private cars being allowed to operate as taxis in the country
- Japanese two-wheeler manufacturer HMSI inching closer in Indian motorcycle market
- Tata Motors sells a range of vehicles from hatchback to SUVs in India
- Volkswagen expands production of Electric Vehicles (EVs)
- Women entrepreneurs are good not just for biz but also for society, says Jung