Hubballi sources have questioned that How about charging your electric vehicle from an electricity pole if you are stranded on the way? And how about browsing the internet free of cost by connecting your device to Wi-Fi hotspots on such poles? These are two of the many more services that 250 smart poles to be installed at many places in Hubballi-Dharwad will offer.
According to sources the project will be taken up under the Smart City project. Meanwhile the Hubballi-Dharwad Smart City Limited (HDSCL) special officer, S H Naregal, told TOI that each poll is expected to cost Rs 10 lakh. Meanwhile he added that the smart poles will be installed under design build finance operate transfer (DBFOT) in public private partnership (PPP)".
Further the Smart poles will have telecom tower
infrastructure to match with the cities aesthetic and ready to accommodate
technology as 4G and 5G. They will be energy efficient in which LED street
lights can be controlled remotely and offer Wi-Fi services.
Second gen Ertiga to launch on November 21, 2018 According to sources the model is already on sale in Indonesia and the new Ertiga is wider and longer than the outgoing car but comes with the same 2,740mm wheelbase. It gets fresh styling with an angular front design, slimmer headlamps and wide wrap around tail lamps with LED elements. The model sits on Maruti's lightweight Heartect platform and is expected to be lighter and stiffer than the outgoing model.
- Time for arrival of another refreshed compact sedan Tata Tigor facelift
- Fifth generation Honda CR-V gets diesel engine for the first time
- Hyundai Santro new look to be launched
- New Ford Aspire is Rs 20,000 less than outgoing model
- Review about latest launch Mahindra Marazzo
- Ford Mustang facelift has been spotted in India
- Volkswagen reaching next phase
- S201 compact SUV launch in late 2018
- Updated TUV300 gets a crash test norms
- Cayenne available in priced from Rs 1.19 crore to Rs 1.92 crore
- Mahindra Y400 SUV likely to be priced from Rs 22 lakh
- Fourth generation Tucson grows in size to become a 7 Seater
- Next-generation SUV to replace ageing second-gen Pajero Sport by 2019
- Fifth-gen Honda City likely to come with diesel-CVT
- India's first Lamborghini Urus delivered to a Mumbai customer