According to sources 28 year old Rohtas Ahlawat, like millions of other two-wheeler riders in India, the choice of helmet is always dictated by its price. It doesn’t matter that his last helmet, also a cheap one, broke into many pieces when he met with an accident in December. “The helmet has to be cheap and in fact, cheaper than traffic challans.
Ahlawat, a medical representative, working in Delhi asks "What’s the guarantee that a costlier one will save your life?”. Ahlawat recently bought his second helmet for a paltry Rs 250 from a vendor on Delhi-Meerut highway. There is a high chance that it is fake, with a fake ISI mark. Top helmet manufacturers reckon that 75-80% Indians end up buying fake helmets as they go for lighter, cheaper ones.
According to the United Nations Motorcycle Helmet
Study from 2016, globally, two-wheeler riders are the most vulnerable to
accidents. Motorcyclists are 26 times more likely to die in a traffic crash
than are car drivers. Wearing an appropriate helmet, the report adds, improves
their chances of survival by 42% and helps avoid 69% of injuries.
Cess on Automobiles, Rubber been abolished New Delhi sources have stated that to ensure smooth roll out of Goods and Service Tax, the Central Government has abolished cesses on goods and services included in the last three General Budgets viz 2015-16, 2016-17 and 2017-18, and starting from July 1, 2017 with GST in place the government will also abolish cess on automobiles. Through Taxation Laws Amendment Act 2017, The Industries (Development and Regulation) Act 1951 Cess on Automobile will no longer be applicable.
- Road tax increased for automobile industry
- EESL soon floats another global tender for 10,000 electric vehicles
- American car maker GM winds up its domestic sales
- TVS Motor Company's growth for 2017-18 is up by 10.6%
- Escenda Engineering gets 100% subsidiary of Tata Technologies Europe under the new ownership
- Around 80% Indians buys fake helmets as they go for cheaper ones
- Skoda Kodiaq equipped with AEB system that detects pedestrians
- AIIMS diesel ambulances will be fitted with GPS: Bench
- Can you identify these cars with their logos?
- Luxury cars will get dearer by Rs 1.25-5 lakh
- Second shift operations at Suzuki's Gujarat plant to provide extra units to Maruti Suzuki India
- Honda Company targeting some Huge exports
- Will this Union Budget 2018 beneficiary for luxury car makers?
- Maruti is confident in adding more volumes in next 12 to 18 months
- Auto scrapping plants save India forex?