According to sources 28 year old Rohtas Ahlawat, like millions of other two-wheeler riders in India, the choice of helmet is always dictated by its price. It doesn’t matter that his last helmet, also a cheap one, broke into many pieces when he met with an accident in December. “The helmet has to be cheap and in fact, cheaper than traffic challans.
Ahlawat, a medical representative, working in Delhi asks "What’s the guarantee that a costlier one will save your life?”. Ahlawat recently bought his second helmet for a paltry Rs 250 from a vendor on Delhi-Meerut highway. There is a high chance that it is fake, with a fake ISI mark. Top helmet manufacturers reckon that 75-80% Indians end up buying fake helmets as they go for lighter, cheaper ones.
According to the United Nations Motorcycle Helmet
Study from 2016, globally, two-wheeler riders are the most vulnerable to
accidents. Motorcyclists are 26 times more likely to die in a traffic crash
than are car drivers. Wearing an appropriate helmet, the report adds, improves
their chances of survival by 42% and helps avoid 69% of injuries.
Maruti Suzuki Ertiga six seater coming soon According to sources the second gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga has been on sale for a few months in a single, seven-seat, and three-row configuration. In the coming weeks, however, a six seat version of the Ertiga will also go on sale. The version in question will be the new range-topper and will be pitched as a premium model. And in line with its positioning, this top-spec Ertiga is likely to be retailed exclusively from Maruti’s premium Nexa sales network.
- Tata new Harrier SUV launches by 2019
- Mahindra latest compact SUV, the XUV300, will launch in India on February 14
- Renault Captur massive dealer level discounts on on-road prices of 2018 models
- Car maker Maruti Suzuki announced increase of Rs.10,000
- Royal Enfield Bullet 500 priced at 1.87 Lakh
- Bajaj Avenger 220 ABS price announced
- Nissan will officially launch their Kicks SUV on January 22, 2019
- Jawa and Forty Two models sold out till September 2019
- Tata Motors new SUV has a lot to live up to
- Mahindra XUV300 all set to launch by February 2019
- Dealers confirmed acceptance of Mahindra XUV300 bookings for about Rs 11,000
- Tata Harrier is priced between Rs 16-21 lakh to launch by January 2019
- Maruti Suzuki offers attractive discounts this year end
- Five seat Mitsubishi SUV is in the pipeline for India by 2020
- Tata Harrier SUV ahead of its scheduled January 2019 launch