According to sources 28 year old Rohtas Ahlawat, like millions of other two-wheeler riders in India, the choice of helmet is always dictated by its price. It doesn’t matter that his last helmet, also a cheap one, broke into many pieces when he met with an accident in December. “The helmet has to be cheap and in fact, cheaper than traffic challans.
Ahlawat, a medical representative, working in Delhi asks "What’s the guarantee that a costlier one will save your life?”. Ahlawat recently bought his second helmet for a paltry Rs 250 from a vendor on Delhi-Meerut highway. There is a high chance that it is fake, with a fake ISI mark. Top helmet manufacturers reckon that 75-80% Indians end up buying fake helmets as they go for lighter, cheaper ones.
According to the United Nations Motorcycle Helmet
Study from 2016, globally, two-wheeler riders are the most vulnerable to
accidents. Motorcyclists are 26 times more likely to die in a traffic crash
than are car drivers. Wearing an appropriate helmet, the report adds, improves
their chances of survival by 42% and helps avoid 69% of injuries.
Kicks SUV for India launch in early 2019 According to sources India-spec Kicks is a redesigned front bumper with faux air inlets above the fog lights and an aluminium skid plate, all of which is meant to add a dash of toughness to the Kicks' appearance. Also present on the India-spec Kicks are LED headlights (with boomerang-shaped LED daytime running lights, similar to the ones seen on larger SUVs like the X-Trail and Murano)
- Bookings for Tata Harrier are currently open
- Second gen Ertiga to launch on November 21, 2018
- Time for arrival of another refreshed compact sedan Tata Tigor facelift
- Fifth generation Honda CR-V gets diesel engine for the first time
- Hyundai Santro new look to be launched
- New Ford Aspire is Rs 20,000 less than outgoing model
- Review about latest launch Mahindra Marazzo
- Ford Mustang facelift has been spotted in India
- Volkswagen reaching next phase
- S201 compact SUV launch in late 2018
- Updated TUV300 gets a crash test norms
- Cayenne available in priced from Rs 1.19 crore to Rs 1.92 crore
- Mahindra Y400 SUV likely to be priced from Rs 22 lakh
- Fourth generation Tucson grows in size to become a 7 Seater
- Next-generation SUV to replace ageing second-gen Pajero Sport by 2019