According to sources 28 year old Rohtas Ahlawat, like millions of other two-wheeler riders in India, the choice of helmet is always dictated by its price. It doesn’t matter that his last helmet, also a cheap one, broke into many pieces when he met with an accident in December. “The helmet has to be cheap and in fact, cheaper than traffic challans.
Ahlawat, a medical representative, working in Delhi asks "What’s the guarantee that a costlier one will save your life?”. Ahlawat recently bought his second helmet for a paltry Rs 250 from a vendor on Delhi-Meerut highway. There is a high chance that it is fake, with a fake ISI mark. Top helmet manufacturers reckon that 75-80% Indians end up buying fake helmets as they go for lighter, cheaper ones.
According to the United Nations Motorcycle Helmet
Study from 2016, globally, two-wheeler riders are the most vulnerable to
accidents. Motorcyclists are 26 times more likely to die in a traffic crash
than are car drivers. Wearing an appropriate helmet, the report adds, improves
their chances of survival by 42% and helps avoid 69% of injuries.
Midlife refresh brings slight changes to Civic's appearance According to sources Honda had announced earlier this year at the Auto Expo that it'd be launching three new cars in India in FY19: the second gen Amaze is already here, the new CR-V is set to be introduced in October, and following that will be the tenth generation Civic. The Civic facelift has just been revealed, and we can confirm this is the car India will get.
- New Honda CR-V SUV with a diesel engine ready to go
- Do you wear ISI brand helmet?
- Honda WR-V Alive edition with more comfort & safety
- KTM replaces few parts of 390 Dukes
- Second Gen Honda Brio breaks cover at GIIAS 2018 in Indonesia
- Maruti Ciaz takes on likes of Honda City, Hyundai Verna & Toyota Yaris
- Current-gen Civic diesel gets automatic gearbox for first time
- Maruti Suzuki's disclosure of other products don't meets new norms
- Suzuki popular Gixxer motorcycle receives major overhaul next year
- Upcoming Gixxer 250 launch probably be by next year
- Tata Nexon AMT Car available for Rs. 7.50 Lakhs
- A Temporary shut down for Honda Scooters
- RR 310 Apache Bike now ready for sales
- Suzuki Burgman Street scooters ready for launch
- Refreshed Honda Jazz hatchback gets four petrol & three diesel variants