Sources have stated that the latest vehicles crash tested by European New Car Assessment Program or Euro NCAP includes new products like Skoda Kodiaq SUV, New generation Suzuki Swift, new Nissan Micra and Mini Countryman. Most of these cars faired well and the crash test results are not disappointing.
Meanwhile the Euro NCAP Secretary General, Michael van Ratingen, said, “Euro NCAP started rewarding AEB pedestrian systems last year and we have seen a rapid uptake of the technology. We hope to see as fast an adoption of AEB systems that detect cyclists when tests of those systems form part of the rating next year."
Euro NCAP tested standard variant of Suzuki Swift and the one with safety
pack, the new generation Swift is currently on sale in few of the European
markets. Suzuki Swift (Standard variant) scored three stars safety ratings in
the crash test; Euro NCAP says that the car scored 83% in adult occupant safety
and 75% in child safety. The variant with safety pack got an overall four star
rating, 88% in adult occupant safety and 75% in child safety.
Kicks SUV for India launch in early 2019 According to sources India-spec Kicks is a redesigned front bumper with faux air inlets above the fog lights and an aluminium skid plate, all of which is meant to add a dash of toughness to the Kicks' appearance. Also present on the India-spec Kicks are LED headlights (with boomerang-shaped LED daytime running lights, similar to the ones seen on larger SUVs like the X-Trail and Murano)
- Bookings for Tata Harrier are currently open
- Second gen Ertiga to launch on November 21, 2018
- Time for arrival of another refreshed compact sedan Tata Tigor facelift
- Fifth generation Honda CR-V gets diesel engine for the first time
- Hyundai Santro new look to be launched
- New Ford Aspire is Rs 20,000 less than outgoing model
- Review about latest launch Mahindra Marazzo
- Ford Mustang facelift has been spotted in India
- Volkswagen reaching next phase
- S201 compact SUV launch in late 2018
- Updated TUV300 gets a crash test norms
- Cayenne available in priced from Rs 1.19 crore to Rs 1.92 crore
- Mahindra Y400 SUV likely to be priced from Rs 22 lakh
- Fourth generation Tucson grows in size to become a 7 Seater
- Next-generation SUV to replace ageing second-gen Pajero Sport by 2019