Sources have stated that the latest vehicles crash tested by European New Car Assessment Program or Euro NCAP includes new products like Skoda Kodiaq SUV, New generation Suzuki Swift, new Nissan Micra and Mini Countryman. Most of these cars faired well and the crash test results are not disappointing.
Meanwhile the Euro NCAP Secretary General, Michael van Ratingen, said, “Euro NCAP started rewarding AEB pedestrian systems last year and we have seen a rapid uptake of the technology. We hope to see as fast an adoption of AEB systems that detect cyclists when tests of those systems form part of the rating next year."
Euro NCAP tested standard variant of Suzuki Swift and the one with safety
pack, the new generation Swift is currently on sale in few of the European
markets. Suzuki Swift (Standard variant) scored three stars safety ratings in
the crash test; Euro NCAP says that the car scored 83% in adult occupant safety
and 75% in child safety. The variant with safety pack got an overall four star
rating, 88% in adult occupant safety and 75% in child safety.
Demand for diesel vehicles expected to fall 35 - 36% by 2019 New Delhi sources stated that the demand of diesel vehicles has been declining over the past few years and is expected to reduce to sub 25% level, post implementation of BS - VI norms. According to ICRA declined to 38% in FY2018 and is expected to fall further to 35-36% in FY2019 and will eventually go lower.
- Why Tata Motors stopped production of Indica and Indigo?
- Launch of Hyundai Creta facelift for 9.44 Lakh
- JK Tyre added two OEMs of the segment
- Countries already set targets to reduce CO2 Emission from Trucks
- Buyers of electric two wheelers get incentive
- PV Sales growth increases by 17.44%
- Honda Scooter plant be temporarily shut for
- Tata Motors betting big on rural market & younger customer to drive growth
- Honda Cars in preparation of launch of all new Amaze by May 2018
- Cars to be launched this Forthcoming May 2018
- Centre postpones mandatory requirement to GPS equipment to all public transport vehicles till April 1, 2019
- Skoda plans to launch budget car in India
- Maruti Suzuki & Mahindra & Mahindra likely to bring new buyers to segment
- Maruti Suzuki crossover gets new lease of life with last year face lift
- Indian cities are more congested than other Asian countries