New Delhi sources reported that the two-wheeler maker Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India (HMSI) is exploring options to construct a new manufacturing plant in India by 2020. Minoru Kato President and CEO, HMSI said “The Company is planning to set up a new plant in India and we are still under discussion with the Honda headquarters in Japan".
Meanwhile HMSI expects a double double-digit growth with current capacity of 6.4 million units from four plants. Moreover the two-wheeler maker already produced 6.1 million in FY18. Further this capacity could be a constraint. The maker of Activa will also work towards increasing capacity from the existing plant this year.
Accordingly the rural market contributed about 30%
to the total domestic sales in FY17-18 and it sees the rural market to be
stronger, the company confirmed. Furthermore the Japanese two-wheeler maker on
Tuesday announced that it will be investing Rs 800 crore towards modernization
of its plants and launching new products.
Maruti Suzuki & Mahindra & Mahindra likely to bring new buyers to segment Mumbai sources reported that sturdy multipurpose vehicles (MPV) or people movers which trailed the most muscular SUV's of late are making a robust comeback. Meanwhile about half a dozen new models are likely to hit local roads in the coming 12-24 months, helping expand the MPV market.
- Maruti Suzuki crossover gets new lease of life with last year face lift
- Indian cities are more congested than other Asian countries
- Volkswagen luxury car maker Audi plans to launch products in double digits
- Why M&M share crashed at the end of Fiscal year 2018?
- HMSI number 1 in two wheeler makers in 15 states
- Maruti Suzuki's Super Carry Mini-truck now available across 25 states
- Vehicle numbers increasing day by day, Electric bus a remedy
- Tata Motors becomes 4th largest PV Maker this year
- New technology number plates intended to bring in uniformity across states
- Export is a key business strategy for Nissan in India
- Government extends financial support of Rs 8,730 crore for second phase of FAME India
- Incentives to battery makers for promoting electric vehicles
- Prospects of ride-sharing & private cars being allowed to operate as taxis in the country
- Japanese two-wheeler manufacturer HMSI inching closer in Indian motorcycle market
- Tata Motors sells a range of vehicles from hatchback to SUVs in India