In general, avoid driving through flooded areas when possible. While some SUVs come with a company claimed water wading depth, most cars are not meant be driven through more than half a foot of water. Check Google Maps, talk to people on the road, follow traffic updates on social media or radio, and be alert while driving, to stay away from flooded roads and find alternate routes. Pay attention to other road users (cars, bikes, trucks and pedestrians) to gauge how deep the water is before attempting to wade through.
If a flooding situation does arise, do your best to keep moving through
the water and don’t stop. Do not accelerate suddenly or brake too hard, just
keep a steady momentum. If the car stops in standing water, there is a chance
that water may creep into vital parts like the intake and exhaust. When moving
through water, use a lower gear (first, second or third, depending on the
speed) and keep the engine revs on the higher side.
In case the car has stalled in a water-logged area, don’t try and restart
it immediately. There are multiple reasons starting with the water putting more
pressure on the engine’s connecting rods, which could lead to them breaking. In
addition, if water has entered the engine through the intake or exhaust, it
could cause serious engine damage and burn a rather large hole in your pocket
when it comes to repair.
Second gen Ertiga to launch on November 21, 2018 According to sources the model is already on sale in Indonesia and the new Ertiga is wider and longer than the outgoing car but comes with the same 2,740mm wheelbase. It gets fresh styling with an angular front design, slimmer headlamps and wide wrap around tail lamps with LED elements. The model sits on Maruti's lightweight Heartect platform and is expected to be lighter and stiffer than the outgoing model.
- Time for arrival of another refreshed compact sedan Tata Tigor facelift
- Fifth generation Honda CR-V gets diesel engine for the first time
- Hyundai Santro new look to be launched
- New Ford Aspire is Rs 20,000 less than outgoing model
- Review about latest launch Mahindra Marazzo
- Ford Mustang facelift has been spotted in India
- Volkswagen reaching next phase
- S201 compact SUV launch in late 2018
- Updated TUV300 gets a crash test norms
- Cayenne available in priced from Rs 1.19 crore to Rs 1.92 crore
- Mahindra Y400 SUV likely to be priced from Rs 22 lakh
- Fourth generation Tucson grows in size to become a 7 Seater
- Next-generation SUV to replace ageing second-gen Pajero Sport by 2019
- Fifth-gen Honda City likely to come with diesel-CVT
- India's first Lamborghini Urus delivered to a Mumbai customer