According to report after launching a pair of locally made SUVs in 2020, Skoda and Volkswagen will launch a pair of sedans as well. Skoda CEO Bernhard Maier confirmed this recently. “Our first car is an SUV, and that will be followed by a sedan."? Meanwhile with a three box model following, Skoda is clearly playing to its strengths; remember sedans like the Octavia and the Superb have been successfully sold here for three generations now and as with the SUVs, it’s this basic architecture that Skoda's Rapid will share as well.
Presently what Skoda and VW have made clear, however, is that their products won’t be mere clones of each other. So Skoda's new Rapid is likely to look considerably different from VW’s Virtus, both at the front and the rear. What will also help make these sedans more appealing is the fact that the Virtus are considerably larger than the current Vento almost 100 mm longer and wider and is built on a substantially longer wheel base.
Furthermore also, with both cars being locally
manufactured and cost competitive, the companies will also be able to equip
them well. Expect LED lights, an Audi-like digital instrument panel, a large
touch screen and other class-leading features.
Tata Nexon AMT Car available for Rs. 7.50 Lakhs According to latest report Tata has launched the mid-spec, AMT equipped Nexon XMA at Rs 7.50 lakh and Rs 8.53 lakh depending on whether you want the petrol engine or the diesel motor under the hood. The Indian brand introduced the Nexon AMT in May (only available in the top-spec XZA+ trim), priced from Rs 9.41 lakh for the petrol and Rs 10.39 lakh for the diesel.
- A Temporary shut down for Honda Scooters
- RR 310 Apache Bike now ready for sales
- Suzuki Burgman Street scooters ready for launch
- Refreshed Honda Jazz hatchback gets four petrol & three diesel variants
- Diesel Vehicles demand will fall 35% by 2019
- All new Skoda Rapid to launch by 2021
- Honda Jass updated version likely by this month end
- Dealerships & manufacturers offer a number of discounts on scooters & motorcycles
- Skoda aims to double combined market share to 5% by 2025
- Audi Company hints at introducing A1 if government relaxes import norms for luxury cars
- Small car concept will preview a new Suzuki sub-brand
- Toyota wraps off its new Century luxury Sedan Car
- Launch of Audi Q5 Petrol Vehicle by June 28
- Face lifted Figo sedan for export markets hints at updates
- Ola Cabs to incorporate Jayem EV in its fleet soon