According to sources Hyundai’s upcoming hatchback (code named AH20) is all set to be launched on October 23, 2018, according to reliable sources. The AH2 has been spied testing in India for a while now, and being touted as the successor to the Eon, it has certainly generated a huge amount of interest.
Much like the first gen Santro (and the Eon), the AH2 will also sport a tall boy design and is expected to be powered by an updated version of the Santro Xing’s 65hp, 1.1-litre petrol engine. It will also be the first Hyundai to get an Automated Manual Transmission (AMT) in addition to a five speed manual gearbox. A dash mounted gear lever is another element likely to make it to the AH2, while a touch screen infotainment system on top-spec trims is almost a certainty.
While the AH2’s arrival will make way for the Eon’s
exit, Hyundai may charge a premium for it, given that it’s bound to be better
in every aspect, and not limited just to the additional features it is expected
to come with. Moreover after having said that, competitive pricing will be key
for Hyundai since the AH2 will be up against formidable entries such as the
Maruti Suzuki Celerio, and the Tata Tiago, both of which are well received in
Fourth generation Tucson grows in size to become a 7 Seater Accordingly current gen Hyundai Tucson is in the middle of its life-cycle with a face lift due in India next year the Korean company is already at a fairly advanced stage in the design and development of the next generation Tucson, which is set to make its global debut in 2021.
- Next-generation SUV to replace ageing second-gen Pajero Sport by 2019
- Fifth-gen Honda City likely to come with diesel-CVT
- India's first Lamborghini Urus delivered to a Mumbai customer
- Mahindra Y400 SUV based on SsangYong Rexton, launch on October 9
- Maruti begins road tests of its made in India EV in India
- Much awaited Mahindra Marazzo catapulted successfully
- New Hyundai hatchback takes on Maruti Suzuki Celerio and Tata Tiago
- Petrol, diesel & CNG cars older than 15 years be scrapped
- Maruti's Ertiga for buyers looking for Seven seat people mover
- Tata Harrier SUV ahead of its scheduled January 2019 launch
- Five seat Mitsubishi SUV is in the pipeline for India by 2020
- Leading Carmakers announced price hike
- Mahindra Marazzo to launch Marazzo MPV by next month
- Ciaz facelift gets same number of variants & near-identical color options
- Midlife refresh brings slight changes to Civic's appearance