According to sources Honda has begun work on the next gen Honda City sedan, which is expected to hit Indian showrooms by 2020. The fourth gen City, currently on sale, made its public debut in 2014. While details on the fifth-gen City are scarce as of now, one could expect the car to get sharper styling cues and more up market materials, similar to the upcoming Honda Civic, which would also be on sale in India by the time next-gen City arrives.
Sources tell us that Honda is also readying a petrol hybrid version for the City. This variant will be a mild-hybrid alternative and won’t get costlier, fully-fledged hybrid technology that is available on other Honda models sold abroad. However, a decision of launching the mild-hybrid City will depend on the government's auto policy on future mobility.
The next-gen City will also have an
updated engine line-up under its hood. Honda is ready to bear the
high cost of upgrading its current set of diesel engines to clear stringent
BS-VI norms that come into effect in 2020. The company has already begun road
testing the BS-VI ready engine on Indian soil. Honda will simultaneously
upgrade its petrol engine line-up too.
Maruti Suzuki Ertiga six seater coming soon According to sources the second gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga has been on sale for a few months in a single, seven-seat, and three-row configuration. In the coming weeks, however, a six seat version of the Ertiga will also go on sale. The version in question will be the new range-topper and will be pitched as a premium model. And in line with its positioning, this top-spec Ertiga is likely to be retailed exclusively from Maruti’s premium Nexa sales network.
- Tata new Harrier SUV launches by 2019
- Mahindra latest compact SUV, the XUV300, will launch in India on February 14
- Renault Captur massive dealer level discounts on on-road prices of 2018 models
- Car maker Maruti Suzuki announced increase of Rs.10,000
- Royal Enfield Bullet 500 priced at 1.87 Lakh
- Bajaj Avenger 220 ABS price announced
- Nissan will officially launch their Kicks SUV on January 22, 2019
- Jawa and Forty Two models sold out till September 2019
- Tata Motors new SUV has a lot to live up to
- Mahindra XUV300 all set to launch by February 2019
- Dealers confirmed acceptance of Mahindra XUV300 bookings for about Rs 11,000
- Tata Harrier is priced between Rs 16-21 lakh to launch by January 2019
- Maruti Suzuki offers attractive discounts this year end
- Five seat Mitsubishi SUV is in the pipeline for India by 2020
- Tata Harrier SUV ahead of its scheduled January 2019 launch