Accordingly Honda Cars India was launched on the tenth generation of Civic. Upon its introduction in the country, the new Civic will challenge the likes of Skoda Octavia, Toyota Corolla Altis and Hyundai Elantra. Honda Cars India had commenced the pre-launch bookings for the 2019 Civic on February 15 at all the authorized company dealerships across the country for an amount of Rs 31,000.
Meanwhile the new sedan is being manufactured at the company's Greater Noida plant. Speculations are that the tenth generation Honda Civic will be priced in India between Rs 15 lakh and Rs 20 lakh (ex-showroom). While Octavia is priced between Rs 15.99 lakh and Rs 25.99 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi), Corolla Altis ranges from Rs 16.45 lakh to Rs 20.19 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). Elantra is priced between Rs 13.81 lakh and Rs 20.04 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
So far as the engine details of the 2019 Honda Civic are concerned, the sedan will be available in India in both petrol and diesel motors. It will get a 1.8-litre i-VTEC petrol mill producing 141 PS of power at 6,500 rpm and 174 Nm of torque at 4,300 rpm. It will be mated to a CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission).
What's the expected price for Hyundai Venue? According to report Hyundai India is all set to launch its first subcompact SUV in India on May 21, 2019 and we are all looking forward to yet another competitor in that very segment. The Hyundai Venue, then has to compete with the all them and bring in something new to the table, to make sure that it stands out when compared to its rivals. But the biggest differentiator will be the price and Hyundai is bound to take the aggressive route.
- What's the expected price for Hyundai Venue?
- Top 3 Car news from the Indian Auto Industry
- Hyundai India plans to provide vehicles on lease
- Tata new premium hatchback scheduled to launch in India in August 2019
- India uncertainty to limit profit growth
- Royal Enfield Classic 350 ABS launched
- Hyundai positioning itself as a Smart Mobility Solutions company with multi-pronged approach
- New Tata Intra small commercial vehicle on sale in India on May 22
- Hyundai Venue begins production in India
- New Hyundai Venue gets a host of smart features
- Honda Car sales in India grown considerably
- Upcoming Renault Kwid gets a new face than before
- 2020 Hyundai Creta unveiled at 2019 Shanghai Motor Show
- Maruti Suzuki Ertiga six seater coming soon
- Service facility to be opened by Audi at Vijayawada