According to sources cars India witnessed monthly domestic sales of 17,202 units during March 2019, registering a growth of 27% and in comparison, the company had sold 13,574 units in March 2018. Besides, Honda Cars India reported an annual growth of 8% in domestic sales to 1,83,787 units during the financial year 2018-19. In the previous fiscal, the company had sold 1,70,026 units.
Furthermore, Honda Cars India exported a total of 4,794 units during the financial year 2018-19, with March 2019 accounting for export of 38 units and hence in terms of sales and distribution network, Honda Cars India expanded the same to 381 facilities in 264 cities across the country during 2018-19.
Honda Cars India Senior Vice President and Director for Sales and Marketing Rajesh Goel said "We have closed the financial year 2018-19 with a growth of 8 per cent. Strong sales efforts from the dealers and company during the prevailing tough market scenario resulted in this growth rate, which is ahead of the industry. One of our growth drivers was the all new Amaze. The launch of our global bestsellers Civic and CR-V reinforced Honda's premium product line-up".
What's the expected price for Hyundai Venue? According to report Hyundai India is all set to launch its first subcompact SUV in India on May 21, 2019 and we are all looking forward to yet another competitor in that very segment. The Hyundai Venue, then has to compete with the all them and bring in something new to the table, to make sure that it stands out when compared to its rivals. But the biggest differentiator will be the price and Hyundai is bound to take the aggressive route.
- What's the expected price for Hyundai Venue?
- Top 3 Car news from the Indian Auto Industry
- Hyundai India plans to provide vehicles on lease
- Tata new premium hatchback scheduled to launch in India in August 2019
- India uncertainty to limit profit growth
- Royal Enfield Classic 350 ABS launched
- Hyundai positioning itself as a Smart Mobility Solutions company with multi-pronged approach
- New Tata Intra small commercial vehicle on sale in India on May 22
- Hyundai Venue begins production in India
- New Hyundai Venue gets a host of smart features
- Honda Car sales in India grown considerably
- Upcoming Renault Kwid gets a new face than before
- 2020 Hyundai Creta unveiled at 2019 Shanghai Motor Show
- Maruti Suzuki Ertiga six seater coming soon
- Service facility to be opened by Audi at Vijayawada