The hyundai Creta will undergo a generation change before March 2020. The second-gen Creta is already in the works and while hyundai is yet to confirm it, we can’t rule out market introduction of the new model at next year’s Indian auto Expo.
The Seltos can be considered the base for the new Creta, which will not only share its platform with the Kia SUV but also its powertrain. The Seltos will be equipped with 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engines and we expect both manual and automatic transmission options to be on offer. The same engines will be on offer on the Creta and will adhere to BS6 emission norms, which will come into effect from 1 April 2020, from day one.
As far as prices are concerned, while the existing Creta starts from Rs 10 lakh and goes up to Rs 15.65 lakh, the new model is expected to start at a similar price point, but may be more expensive than the current model for the higher variants. It is not only expected to be better equipped, but will also feature a BS6 diesel engine as well. We expect the top-spec model of the second-gen Creta to be priced around the Rs 16 lakh mark (all prices ex-showroom delhi).
Bookings for Kia Seltos will open on July 15 at dealerships & SUV to go on sale on August 22 Kia Motors is preparing to begin its India innings with the Seltos SUV, which will launch here on August 22. In the meanwhile, Kia dealerships across the country have started readying their showrooms, which are in the final stages of completion and should be ready by July 15. Kia Motors India
- Six seater Maruti Suzuki Ertiga to be launched soon
- Hyundai Kona EV launched in India
- Several major carmakers expected to launch their EVs in the country
- Hyundai Kona be launched on July 9
- Automobile sales in India counted as factory dispatches and not retail sales
- Tata Harrier will soon be available in dual-tone color schemes
- MG Hector is the first connected car in the compact SUV segment
- Maruti Suzuki started testing electric car based on Wagon R in India
- Proposed Reduction in GST will boost auto industry
- Renault Triber priced between 5.5 lakhs and 7.5 lakhs
- Tata Altroz is based on the 45X concept be revealed in July 2019
- Second-gen Creta will be introduced with BS6 engines
- Why Nissan Indian President quits?
- Kia Seltos will be launched in India in the second half of 2019
- Discounts being offered by dealerships on Honda Cars