hyundai Motor india reported 3.8 per cent decline in cumulative sales to 57,310 units in July 2019. In comparison, the car maker had sold 59,590 units in July 2018. Of the total sales during the month under consideration, 39,010 units were sold in the domestic market. This was 10 per cent lower than what hyundai Motor india had sold in July 2018, when the figure stood at 43,481 units.
The company witnessed a rise of 13.6 per cent in export sales to 18,300 units in July 2019. It had exported 16,109 units in July 2018.
The car maker had launched Venue compact SUV in india in May 2019 for an introductory price of Rs 6.50 lakh (ex-showroom, india). The compact SUV has received more than 50,000 bookings. In July 2019, hyundai also introduced Kona Electric SUV in the country for a starting price of Rs 25.30 lakh (ex-showroom).
Urbanite brand to be a new division under Bajaj Auto & will spawn electric scooters The Urbanite brand is likely to be a new division under Bajaj Auto and will spawn electric scooters, marking the brand's re-entry in this space after nearly two decades. The iconic Chetak scooter continues to have a strong calling with the brand pan India.
- Actor Rajkummar Rao brought home Harley-Davidson Fat Bob, priced from Rs. 14.69 lakh
- Auto sector continues to be on slide due to low consumer demand
- Jawa 90th Anniversary Edition launched in India at Rs.1.73 Lakhs
- Mercedes-Benz delivered over 200 cars on the occasion of Dussehra and Navratri
- 8000 Indians only need Electric Cars
- Priced between Rs. 15 and Rs. 17 lakh, Nexon EV will be launched in FY 2020
- Maruti Suzuki S- Presso launched in India
- MG Hector is open for bookings once again for a limited period
- Benelli India has started pre-booking of the retro-classic Imperiale 400
- Maruti Suzuki anticipates Sales to exceed in September
- Scooters India developed five prototypes of EVs but it is yet to get regulatory clearance for them
- GST rate cut for auto sector from 28 to 18%
- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso will be available in Std, LXi, VXi and VXi+ variants
- Overall economic health of Auto industry in India is in slow pace: Nirmala Seetharaman
- Uber & Ola not reason for Auto sales down