Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor Raghuram Rajan has asked bankers to apply the latest loan restructuring norms and not use them as a tool to delay identification of bad loans. The Chief of RBI met the chief executive of several banks in which the director of Central Bureau of Investigation, Chief Vigilance Commissioner, and the Chairman of Bank Board Bureau, Vinod Rai were present.
Earlier, RBI announced a new and revised scheme for debt recast which is called as, Scheme for Sustainable Structuring of Stressed Assets (S4A). The new norms are only applicable for projects that have commenced operations and where bank loans amount to more than Rs.500 crore.
A banker who attended the meeting said, "RBI highlighted the importance of all the new norms and they also asked all banks not to misuse the norms. We have been told about the problems we are facing.
The investigative agencies should understand that as banks we have to take risks and sometimes things can go wrong." As per RBI data, the loans in Indian Banking sector has increased drastically since 2012.
London-based AdiGro Group to restart Jet Airways' operations by July 1 London-based AdiGro Group, the parent company of AdiGro Aviation has offered to restart the Jet Airways' operations by July 1. The company which is one of the unsolicited bidders for Jet Airways has proposed to resume its operations with eight to nine thousand employees and 70 aircraft. Sanjay Viswanathan,
- Singapore Red Cross website been hacked
- What are the 2 bids received for Jet Airways?
- New tax rates for Under Construction House will come into effect from April 1, 2019
- Do you know Indian Railways luggage carrying rules?
- Know about State Bank of India's online service IMT (Instant Money Transfer)
- TCS was recently in the news for a trade secret theft case file
- Rupee on May 6 fell by 18 paise to close at 69.40 against US dollar
- Why Income Tax e-Filers growth dropped down this fiscal year?
- Shutting down of Jet Airways left 16,000 people, including 1,350 pilots, jobless
- Amazon fighting with Walmart Inc's Flipkart for market share in India
- 30% of 1,100 Yes Bank branches are profitable in India
- Stock Market in tensed state
- SpiceJet, Air India may fly 40 Jet Airways planes from next week
- Employees of TCS disappointed after company gifted them wrist watches on completion of 50 years
- Jio Digital Fibre rising about Rs 27,000 crore to fund expansion