As per report Indian Railways has certain luggage carrying rules under which each passenger is allowed a free allowance up to which he/she can carry luggage in the compartment. The free allowance varies for different classes of travel, said Indian Railways on its website, indianrail.gov.in. However, passengers can book and carry excess luggage beyond the free allowance limits in the compartment up to a maximum limit according to the class of travel.
Reportedly AC First Class 70 Kgs15 Kgs150 Kgs, AC 2-Tier sleeper/First class50 Kgs10 Kgs100 Kgs, AC 3-tier sleeper/AC chair car 40 Kgs10 Kgs40 Kgs. Sleeper class40 Kgs10 Kgs80 Kgs, Second class35 Kgs10 Kgs70 Kgs. Trunks, suitcase and boxes having outside measurement of 100 cms x 60 cms x 25 cms (length x breadth x height) will be allowed to be carried in the passenger compartments as personal luggage. If the trunks, suitcases and boxes, which in outside measurement exceed any one of the dimension, such articles are required to be booked and carried in the brake van, said Indian Railways.
However, the Indian Railways noted maximum size of the trunks/suitcase that can be carried in the AC 3 tier and AC chair car compartment is 55 cms x 45 cms x 22.5 cms. The luggage of larger dimension is to be carried only via a brake van. The minimum charge for luggage is Rs. 30. There is no restriction on carriage of luggage in brake van of passenger trains as far as quantity and type (personal or merchandise) of luggage is concerned. Children aged five and below 12 years are allowed half of the free allowance subject to the maximum of 50 kgs.
AAI owns and manages more than 100 airports across India Reportedly the Airport Authority of India (AAI) has started a year-long study to analyze air traffic, slot distribution and infrastructure at six major airports Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata in order to improve the mechanism of slot allotment, said its senior officials. A slot is a specific date and time at which an airline can arrive or depart at an airport.
- Libra is being touted as a bold move by Facebook to take on Bitcoins
- RBI last year mandated companies to store their payments data only in India
- Avoiding credit mismatch while filling GSTR-9
- Patanjali's sales plunged 10% to 81 billion rupees
- Nine of 11 sector gauges compiled by NSE ended higher led by Nifty PSU Bank Index's 1.7% gain
- GoAir offering domestic flight tickets at a starting all-inclusive price of Rs. 1,399
- MPC has cut the repo rate by 25 bps to 5.75%(
- VadVis - Revolutionizing Company Registration and Tax Filing through Advise
- Modi Government plans to revamp social welfare schemes
- 2000 Jet Airways Employees to be hired by SpiceJet
- Sri City bags India's Brand-2019 award
- Tech Mahindra collaborates at Hyderabad Campus with Cisco
- Yes Bank denied that it was considering an exit from the asset management business
- Modi governance ideas influenced by East Asian welfare-growth model & social ethos
- SEBI permitted mutual funds to participate in all exchange-traded commodities derivatives (ETCDs)