According to sources in another blow to the beleaguered Jet Airways, 260 pilots of the airline appeared for a walk-in interview session organized by Spice Jet. Meanwhile sources told that 260 pilots, including 150 captains, came for the interviews organized at Mumbai for Boeing 737 rated captains, non-type rated captains and first officer with frozen airline transport pilot license (ATPL).
Reportedly Jet is sitting on a pile of Rs 8,000 crore debts and has been unable to furnish installments for loan repayment. This has led to the grounding of 78 of 119 aircraft in its fleet and withdrawal of close to 1,000 flights. Financial troubles have also led to non-payment of salaries to its employees, including pilots, since December, who have now threatened to stop flying from April 1 if their dues are not cleared by March-end.
Moreover the decision was taken at the annual meeting of the airline's domestic pilot body, which represents around 1,000 pilots at the airline. Apparently a new resolution process for the cash-starved airline is being worked out by lenders after minority stakeholder, Etihad Airways, decided against the infusion of Rs 750 crore as capital and walking out of the airline completely.
London-based AdiGro Group to restart Jet Airways' operations by July 1 London-based AdiGro Group, the parent company of AdiGro Aviation has offered to restart the Jet Airways' operations by July 1. The company which is one of the unsolicited bidders for Jet Airways has proposed to resume its operations with eight to nine thousand employees and 70 aircraft. Sanjay Viswanathan,
- Singapore Red Cross website been hacked
- What are the 2 bids received for Jet Airways?
- New tax rates for Under Construction House will come into effect from April 1, 2019
- Do you know Indian Railways luggage carrying rules?
- Know about State Bank of India's online service IMT (Instant Money Transfer)
- TCS was recently in the news for a trade secret theft case file
- Rupee on May 6 fell by 18 paise to close at 69.40 against US dollar
- Why Income Tax e-Filers growth dropped down this fiscal year?
- Shutting down of Jet Airways left 16,000 people, including 1,350 pilots, jobless
- Amazon fighting with Walmart Inc's Flipkart for market share in India
- 30% of 1,100 Yes Bank branches are profitable in India
- Stock Market in tensed state
- SpiceJet, Air India may fly 40 Jet Airways planes from next week
- Employees of TCS disappointed after company gifted them wrist watches on completion of 50 years
- Jio Digital Fibre rising about Rs 27,000 crore to fund expansion