Accordingly the Nikkei India Manufacturing Purchasing Managers Index is the latest piece of high frequency data on the economy available to the Reserve Bank of India's Monetary Policy Committee before they take a decision on whether to cut the policy rate further, at their meeting from April 2-4.
Meanwhile the Manufacturing PMI had been showing strong momentum in the last few months, out of whack with the general narrative of a slowdown in the economy. But the PMI for March came in at 52.6, a six-month low, indicating the manufacturing sector is losing momentum. That strengthens the RBI’s hand for a rate cut, all the more so given that the PMI sub-index for output prices has remained tepid.
Accordingly the survey says, 'Close to 16% of companies reported greater sales, citing successful marketing efforts, strong underlying demand and the receipt of orders in bulk. At the same time, 8 percent of firms noted lower levels of new work, which they associated with an increasingly competitive environment and the upcoming elections.'
SEBI permitted mutual funds to participate in all exchange-traded commodities derivatives (ETCDs) Reportedly Mutual fund houses so far were not permitted to invest in commodities other than gold. At most, a few fund houses had thematic funds investing in the equity of companies engaged in the commodities business. But that is set to change with SEBI issuing final guidelines on May 21, 2019, permitting MFs to invest in exchange-traded commodity derivatives, with an aim to deepen the nascent commodity market.
- Air Asia India plans to tie up with about 200 companies
- London-based AdiGro Group to restart Jet Airways' operations by July 1
- Singapore Red Cross website been hacked
- What are the 2 bids received for Jet Airways?
- New tax rates for Under Construction House will come into effect from April 1, 2019
- Do you know Indian Railways luggage carrying rules?
- Know about State Bank of India's online service IMT (Instant Money Transfer)
- TCS was recently in the news for a trade secret theft case file
- Rupee on May 6 fell by 18 paise to close at 69.40 against US dollar
- Why Income Tax e-Filers growth dropped down this fiscal year?
- Shutting down of Jet Airways left 16,000 people, including 1,350 pilots, jobless
- Amazon fighting with Walmart Inc's Flipkart for market share in India
- 30% of 1,100 Yes Bank branches are profitable in India
- Stock Market in tensed state
- SpiceJet, Air India may fly 40 Jet Airways planes from next week