Reportedly Mutual fund houses so far were not permitted to invest in commodities other than gold. At most, a few fund houses had thematic funds investing in the equity of companies engaged in the commodities business. But that is set to change with SEBI issuing final guidelines on May 21, 2019, permitting MFs to invest in exchange-traded commodity derivatives, with an aim to deepen the nascent commodity market.
But while the capital market regulator SEBI is gung-ho about fund houses investing in commodity derivatives, mutual fund managers sounded skeptical. As per the guidelines released on May 21, SEBI has permitted mutual funds to participate in all exchange-traded commodities derivatives (ETCDs) except the 'sensitive commodities'. Essential commodities in the agri segment are regarded as sensitive.
Hybrid funds and gold exchange-traded funds have been permitted to participate in ETCDs. The market regulator said in a circular "No mutual fund scheme shall have net short positions in ETCD on any particular good, considering its positions in physical goods as well as ETCDs, at any point of time”.
Willful defaulter is a person who has resources to repay loan: Nirmala Seetharaman Accordingly Nirmala Sitharaman, on Monday, replying to the first set of questions in Lok Sabha as the new finance minister informed that the total number of willful defaulters at the end of Financial Year 2019 (FY19) stood at 8,582 compared to 5,349 at the end of Financial Year 2015 (FY15).
- AAI owns and manages more than 100 airports across India
- Libra is being touted as a bold move by Facebook to take on Bitcoins
- RBI last year mandated companies to store their payments data only in India
- Avoiding credit mismatch while filling GSTR-9
- Patanjali's sales plunged 10% to 81 billion rupees
- Nine of 11 sector gauges compiled by NSE ended higher led by Nifty PSU Bank Index's 1.7% gain
- GoAir offering domestic flight tickets at a starting all-inclusive price of Rs. 1,399
- MPC has cut the repo rate by 25 bps to 5.75%(
- VadVis - Revolutionizing Company Registration and Tax Filing through Advise
- Modi Government plans to revamp social welfare schemes
- 2000 Jet Airways Employees to be hired by SpiceJet
- Sri City bags India's Brand-2019 award
- Tech Mahindra collaborates at Hyderabad Campus with Cisco
- Yes Bank denied that it was considering an exit from the asset management business
- Modi governance ideas influenced by East Asian welfare-growth model & social ethos