Iron is important for all kids going through puberty, but it is especially important for girls. Girls who begin to go through menstruation are “susceptible to anemia and iron deficiency,” so lean meats should be a regular part of their diet.
Children going through puberty also need a diet that focuses on protein, as the protein helps bones, organ tissue and other parts of the body grow. While protein can be found in the lean meats and beans that also help with iron, it's also available in seafood sources like salmon patties and tuna sandwiches.
We want to make sure that they get all the calcium that they need. And most adolescents need about 1200 mg of calcium a day because the calcium is going to be better absorbed from food rather than a supplement.
Women lag Iron and Iron Deficiency Iron is a part of many enzymes and is used in many cell functions. Enzymes help our bodies digest foods and also help with many other important reactions that occur within our bodies. When our bodies don't have enough Iron and many parts of our bodies are affected. Iron deficiency is either due to increased need for Iron by the body or a decreased absorption or amount of iron taken in.
- Which is the best time to drink Coconut Water?
- Benefits of Drinking water in Copper Vessel
- Benefits of Drinking Green Tea
- Healthy benefits of eating Ragi on a daily basis
- Treating Dry Cough naturally through homemade remedies
- Ginger used as an Amazing & healthy product
- Wonderful benefits of Drinking Coconut Water
- Is eating Broccoli good for your health?
- Benefits of eating Raw Vegetables
- Amazing benefits of eating Purple Colored Vegetables
- Wonderful benefits of eating Green Color Vegetables
- Benefits of eating Yellow colored Fruits & Vegetables
- Benefits of eating Red Colored Vegetables
- Healthy benefits of eating Jaggery
- Do you eat nuts daily to stay healthy?