As per report you can load up that juicy corn on the cob with butter and other high-calorie toppings. But one plain ear of corn has about 100 calories, similar to an apple. And with nearly 3 grams of fiber per serving, corn can help you feel full longer, so you are less likely to overeat and pack on the pounds. Then there's its resistant starch, a slow to digest type of carbohydrates that is been shown to help with weight control.
Meanwhile corn is sweet for a vegetable but there are only 6 grams of
natural sugar in a medium-size ear of corn. An ear of sweet corn has less than
half the sugar of a banana and only about one-third the sugar of an apple. Even
beets have more grams of sugar per serving than corn.
Only a small percentage of sweet corn grown in the U.S. is genetically
modified, according to the USDA. Most GMO corn is used in processed foods like
corn chips, breakfast cereals, high-fructose corn syrup and corn oil, or turned
into livestock feed and ethanol. Moreover if you are concerned, choose
USDA-certified organic corn, or ask the vendors at your local farmers' market
how their corn is grown. GMO crops are banned under organic standards.
Amazing benefits of eating Purple Colored Vegetables Anthocyanins have consistently shown to reduce inflammation. Because chronicle inflammation is one of the underlying causes of many diseases of our times. Including Alzheimer’s disease, asthma, heart disease, allergies, type 2 diabetes, arthritis and joint disease, depression, some types of cancer, and obesity.
- Wonderful benefits of eating Green Color Vegetables
- Benefits of eating Yellow colored Fruits & Vegetables
- Benefits of eating Red Colored Vegetables
- Healthy benefits of eating Jaggery
- Do you eat nuts daily to stay healthy?
- Special benefits of eating Mangosteen Fruit
- What Else Affects Asthma Symptoms?
- Treating white discharge in women with Homemade Ingredients
- Fenugreek seeds that could change your life
- Reducing Belly Fat is a Tough Task for Men
- Information about Osteo Arthritis everyone should know
- Foods recommended after delivery by a Gynecologist
- Staying healthy during rainy season
- Which is the right position to sleep at night?
- What's the best time to eat every day?