Obesity is the condition of physical state of the body when excessive deposition of fat takes place in the adipose tissue. Extra fat puts a strain on the heart, liver, kidneys and the joints. To reduce weight and get rid of obesity, these basic points should be noted.
- Diet recommended for Early morning: Juice of half a lemon with warm water and a teaspoon of honey. Breakfast - Wheat or Moong bean sprouts with a cup of skimmed milk. Mid morning - A glass of orange, carrot or pineapple juice. Lunch - Raw vegetable salads like cucumber, cabbage, beetroot, tomatoes. Steamed or boiled vegetables with whole wheat chapattis. A glass of buttermilk with coriander leaves, salt and ginger.
2. For mid afternoon - Dry fruits, lemon tea and fresh vegetable soup. Dinner - Whole grain bread or chappathis with steamed vegetables, seasonal fruits. Avoid eating bananas and apples in the night as they may lead to Indigestion.
3. Home tips - Take large quantities of fruits , vegetables and low calorie foods. Avoid consuming more salt as it may be a factor for increasing your weight. Milk products like cheese, butter etc and non vegetarian foods are rich in fat and must be avoided.
4. Regular intake of carrot juice helps in weight loss. Honey is an excellent home remedy for Obesity. Bitter guard , drumsticks and raw or cooked cabbage help in conversion of sugar and carbohydrates into good fat. Exercise helps in burning up unwanted calories from your body in the form of sweat. Walking, jogging, skipping swimming can be the best exercises.
Benefits of eating Pearl Millets Pearl Millet is known as Bajra in India and India is the largest producer of pearl millet, and Rajasthan is the highest producing state. It is one of the common millet available in India. Sadly, like all the other millet recipes, this gruel is also segregated as poor man’s diet. But as I mentioned in the neeragaram post, the traditional and millet recipes are slowly reviving back. Just look at the nutrition
- Drinking more Water may lose weight
- Pregnant Ladies should eat healthily
- Amazing benefits of eating Betal Leaves
- Benefits of eating in Banana Leaf
- Do you drink Butter Milk this Summer with lots of benefits?
- Do Omega-3s Outweigh Risks Associated With Contaminants In Seafood?
- Diets to be taken during Typhoid Fever
- Are eating Dates healthy?