Avoid: Caffeinated drinks
Turn down the volume of coffee one of the main drinks you need to avoid during the period. It increases blood pressure and heart rate leading to tension and anxiety attacks and in turn, worsening the PMS symptoms.
Avoid: Processed foods
Frozen foods, fast foods, bacon, pickles, canned soups, papad etc. come with unknown ingredients and preservatives that aren’t the best foods during the period. They can interfere with hormones and amplify PMS discomfort. Instead, have homemade meals, lots of salads and veggies, and heart and tummy warming foods like khichadi and porridge.
Avoid: Dairy products
This might come as a surprise to you but dairy products like milk, cream and cheese aren’t recommended. They are high in arachidonic acid which can act as a trigger for menstrual cramps. Instead, choose buttermilk and toned milk both of which are recommended period food.
Pregnant Ladies should eat healthily Dairy Products During pregnancy, you need to consume extra protein and calcium to meet the needs of the growing fetus. Dairy products contain two types of high quality protein: casein and whey. Dairy is the best dietary source of calcium, and provides high amounts of phosphorus, various B-vitamins, magnesium and zinc. Yogurt, especially Greek yogurt, is particularly beneficial for pregnant women.
- Amazing benefits of eating Betal Leaves
- Benefits of eating in Banana Leaf
- Do you drink Butter Milk this Summer with lots of benefits?
- Do Omega-3s Outweigh Risks Associated With Contaminants In Seafood?
- Diets to be taken during Typhoid Fever
- Are eating Dates healthy?
- How to handle common Skin Problems in summer?
- What Else Affects Asthma Symptoms?