Iron is an important mineral needed by our bodies. Iron is a part of all cells and does many things in our bodies. Iron is a part of the protein (haemoglobin) carries oxygen from our lungs throughout our bodies. Having too little haemoglobin is called anaemia. Iron helps our muscles store and use oxygen.
1. Iron is a part of many enzymes and is used in many cell
functions. Enzymes help our bodies digest foods and also help with many other
important reactions that occur within our bodies. When our bodies don't have
many parts of our bodies are affected.
2. Iron deficiency is either due to increased need for Iron by the body or a decreased absorption or amount of iron taken in. Signs of Iron deficiency include fatigue, decreased work and school performance, difficulty in maintaining body temperature and decreased Immune function.
3. Iron deficiency affects the memory power and mental functions of teens. Studies show that Iron deficiency rate is higher in male and female adolescents. It's the time of increased Iron needs because of the expansion of blood volume and increased muscle mass.
4. Overweight and obese children also appear to be at increased risk of Iron deficiency. In today's busy and fast paced life no one has time to eat Iron rich foods. Iron is more in goat's liver, spinach, poultry, fish and Vitamin C rich foods. Avoid fast foods, pizzas, burgers, fried foods etc as they don't have Iron needed for our body.
Do you give healthy foods after delivery? Oats Oats are an excellent source of iron, calcium, fibre, carbohydrates and proteins. As oats are high in fibre, they can also help keep constipation at bay. The most common way to have oats is to cook it in a pan and have it with milk, nuts and dried fruit.
- COLOUR Your Diet everyday
- Wonderful benefits of eating Red Guava
- Brisk walking by elder women could reduce their heart failure risk
- Simple Monsoon health tips for all
- Iron And Iron Deficiency Facts
- Health tips for women
- Health tips to prevent diseases during Rainy Season
- Eating healthy food during pregnancy is important