They are native to south America, specifically brazil, and were introduced by colonists to Africa and india. These regions are the largest producers of cashews today. Cashews are sold both raw or roasted, and salted or unsalted. Cashews have recently been used to make dairy alternatives, such as cashew milk, cashew based cheese and cashew based cream sauces and sour cream. Consuming a high proportion of plant based foods appears to reduce the risk of many lifestyle related health conditions.
Cashews are a good source of magnesium, which plays an important role in over 300 enzymatic reactions within the body. These include the metabolism of food and synthesis of fatty acids and proteins. Magnesium is also involved in muscle relaxation and neuro muscular transmission and activity.
Magnesium deficiency, prevalent in older populations, is linked to insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome, coronary heart disease and osteoporosis.
Miraculous benefits of eating foods in Banana Leaf Anti-oxidant Rich Banana leaves contains large amounts of polyphenols that are natural antioxidants. These are found in many plant-based foods and green tea. Food served on the banana leaves absorbs the polyphenols which are said to prevent many lifestyle diseases. They are also said to have anti-bacterial properties that can possibly kill the germs in food.
- What is healthy ageing?
- Benefits of having balanced diet
- Do you what is Centrifugal Health?
- High Fructose Foods may damage the liver's ability to properly burn fat
- Why do you get headache every day?
- Taking care of Bone health, when losing weight
- Maintaining youthful skin is easy
- Leafy greens salad for weight loss
- Andhra Pradesh: One can get only 3(Three) bottles of booze at a time now
- Foods to boost your child's immunity
- Reducing Belly fat through these Foods
- Health tips women should follow to stay healthy
- Reducing body fat without doing exercise, is this possible?
- How to cure Viral Fever at Home?
- Dengue menace in city: more deaths reported