A study of diarrhoea patients from two sites, kolkata and delhi reveals how extensively the Cholera bacteria have developed resistance against most routinely used antibiotics. The highest resistance (99.8%) was seen against the antibiotic sulfamethaxozole, whereas resistance to neomycin was the least, with only 4% showing resistance.
Isolates collected from kolkata showed relatively less resistance than isolates collected from delhi. This might probably because the kolkata isolates were collected between 2008 and 2013, while the delhi samples were collected during 2014-2015. The team sequenced the whole genome of the bacteria isolated during 1980, 2000s, 2014 and 2015. In 1980, fewer antibiotics were used and resistance was minimal.
With increasing usage of different antibiotics, the resistance against them has also increased. By 2014-2015 the bacteria have become extensively drug resistant (XDR) to all commonly used antibiotics.
Cholera: Cholera is caused due to Vibrio cholerae Bacterium through food, water etc.. The occurrence of disease is very rare in india which is less than 100 thousand cases per year. However, the World health Organization (WHO) has in the past warned that cholera can rear its head in india like it used to do in the past.
Miraculous benefits of eating foods in Banana Leaf Anti-oxidant Rich Banana leaves contains large amounts of polyphenols that are natural antioxidants. These are found in many plant-based foods and green tea. Food served on the banana leaves absorbs the polyphenols which are said to prevent many lifestyle diseases. They are also said to have anti-bacterial properties that can possibly kill the germs in food.
- What is healthy ageing?
- Benefits of having balanced diet
- Do you what is Centrifugal Health?
- High Fructose Foods may damage the liver's ability to properly burn fat
- Why do you get headache every day?
- Taking care of Bone health, when losing weight
- Maintaining youthful skin is easy
- Leafy greens salad for weight loss
- Andhra Pradesh: One can get only 3(Three) bottles of booze at a time now
- Foods to boost your child's immunity
- Reducing Belly fat through these Foods
- Health tips women should follow to stay healthy
- Reducing body fat without doing exercise, is this possible?
- How to cure Viral Fever at Home?
- Dengue menace in city: more deaths reported