Considering the growing ecommerce market in the Tier 2 and 3 cities of India, there has been a significant increase in the demand for premium brands. ShopX, India’s fastest growing digital offline platform, introduced iPhone in January 2017 on their platform. The aim of the launch was to bring a premium brand like Apple iPhone to the un-served 600 million middle income customers. ShopX, noted iPhone 5s as the highest demanded SKU amongst all smartphones sold on the platform. Over 70% of ShopX shipments were for Apple iPhone 5s, though higher valued iPhone 7 and 7 Plus were also sold.
The ShopX platform, launched iPhone in the South and West Indian markets. Amongst South Indian towns, Chikkaballapura in Karnataka, Kakinada in Andhra Pradesh were the top towns, which saw a good demand for the iPhone 5s. Even Karimnagar in Telangana and Kanhangad in Kerala received overwhelming response. Among the towns in Western India Rajkot, Pandharpur in Maharashtra, and Panaji in Goa showed growing preference for the iPhone 5s. Bhind in Madhya Pradesh was also part of the list of cities that aspired for the 5s.
Commenting on these insights, Mr. Amit Sharma, CEO and Co-Founder of ShopX said, “Apple is a brand that holds huge aspirational value, yet is not easily available beyond metro cities and Tier 1 cities in India. Fulfilling this need of consumers in India’s Tier 2 & 3 towns was the primary reason for us to enhance the reach and availability of iPhones though the ShopX platform. We have seen a surprising demand for Apple phones on our platform, which itself is a strong indication of growing preference for famous marquee brands in India’s Tier 2 and 3 towns.”
“While more of urban India is shopping online, rural areas and smaller Indian towns still prefer a ‘real human touch’ when it comes to shopping. In a context where relationship-based selling is still popular, ShopX’s unique digital offline channel brings large global brands within the reach of Indian consumers in every corner of India,” he further added. ShopX is backed by strategic investor Nandan Nilekani, and mentors including Jagdish Kini [ex- CEO, Airtel (South Region), Managing Director, Gillette India], and Pramod Varma [earlier: Chief Architect, UIDAI Aadhar Project, CTO Sterling Commerce].
Within a year of launch, ShopX has empowered 40,000 Retail Partners across 200 towns in 10 states; serving more than 1 million customers, making it one of the fastest growing companies in the country. The Company aims to provide the 600-million middle-income population in India (as against the current 50 million active internet buyer base) access to digital commerce through its Retailer Partners.
Courtesy by www.businesswire.com
Vijayawada Witnesses Mahaprabhu Jis Yoga with Yogacharya Amit Dev Vijayawada Witnesses Mahaprabhu Ji’s Yoga with Yogacharya Amit Dev Vijayawada (literally translates to ‘The Place of Victory’) is all set to witness Mahaprabhu Ji’s Yoga on 21st and 22nd Jan, 2018 on the special occasion of Nirvana Utsav of first Guru Ji - Sri Yogeshwar Ramlal Bhagwan. The event started with Amit Dev Ji
- Avaance Launches Osteofit-k2, No Pain Roll-on Gel and No Pain Oil
- New Research Investigates Potential Probiotic Benefits of a Pear-Enriched Diet
- A US based Aesthetic Center Introduces an Upscale Skincare Brand Ka-Lon in Indian Market
- Home Credit India Crosses Milestone of 5 Million Customers
- Magicbricks Spreads the Warmth again with the Second Season of MagicBag Initiative
- Bajaj Finserv Offers Lowest Interest Rate of 8.30 percent on Home Loans
- Vodafone Guarantees Savings With New RED
- GorakhpurOnline.in & Gorakhpur Mahotsav Announce Tie-Up to Put City on the World Map
- Newly Weds Zaheer Khan and Sagarika Ghatge Unveil a Specially Curated Platinum Evara Collection at Abaran Jewellers
- Herbalife Nutrition Strengthens Heart Health Category in India with the Launch of Niteworks
- Indias First Premium Wellness Oriented Co-working Space
- Four Points by Sheraton Brings in Mandap Pop Up 2.0
- NatureFresh Sampoorna Chakki Atta Promotes Food Security with #NoKhaaliPet Campaign
- Christmas had an Early Start in Delhi at the 13th Krackerjack Karnival
- OnePlus Celebrates Anniversary in India with Exclusive Offers and Giveaways Starting