The exhibition—cum-sale of exquisite silk handloom fabrics that enables an interface between weavers and consumers commences today. Silk Fab exhibition is an initiative of the office of Development Commissioner for Handlooms, Ministry of Textiles, Government of India through National Handloom Development Corporation (NHDC) Ltd. to provide direct access to the handloom weavers to market their products to consumers in various cities of India. The participants are from various State Government Bodies/ Apex Societies, Primary Handloom Weavers Co-operative Societies and Handloom Agencies. 110 agencies belonging to 15 states are participating.
The handloom sector of India employs 65 lac persons directly or indirectly which is next only to agricultural sector in the country. The art of handloom weaving has traditional values attached to it and each region has exquisite varieties. The uniqueness of silk products such as Pochampalli, Paithani, Kanjivaram, Banarasi, Jamdani, Baluchari, and Ikkat, to name a few attracts customers across the globe with exclusive weaves, designs and traditional motifs. Through these exhibitions, handloom agencies not only market their products at reasonable rates but also get to know customers' choice with regard to colour, design and weaving for future improvement of the product.
Government of India has launched the "Handloom Mark" scheme for handloom products and "Silk Mark" for genuinity of silk products, to encourage and give a distinct identity to the products, apart from highlighting the uniqueness of the products. It also serves a guarantee for the buyer that the product being purchased is genuinely handwoven. All the exhibitors at the Silk Fab have been encouraged to display the ‘Handloom Mark’ and 'Silk Mark' tag on the products and thus aim to improve the earnings of the handloom weaver community.
The exhibition will be open to public from 11 am to 8 pm for fourteen days upto October 16, 2017. Exhibition includes State Government Agencies/Apex Bodies, Primary Handloom Weavers Co-operative Societies, and the agencies working under the recently started Integrated Handloom Development Scheme. The Primary Handloom Weavers Co-operative Societies are recommended by their respective State Governments.
Silk Products drawn from some of the exotic locations of India are on display and sale at the exhibition.
A brief list is given below: -
Andhra Pradesh Gadwal, Pochampally, Dharmavaram
Assam Muga Silk
Bihar Tassar, Kantha, Madhubani Prints
Chhattisgarh Tribal work, Kosa Silk
Delhi Printed Silk Sarees
Jammu & Kashmir Printed Silk Sarees, Dress Material
Jharkhand Kantha, Kosa Silk
Karnataka Chintamani, Kasuti Work, Karnataka Silk
Madhya Pradesh Chanderi, Maheshwari
Maharashtra Paithani, Pune Saree
Odisha Bomkai, Sambalpur
Uttar Pradesh Tanchoi, Jamdani, Jamawar (Banarasi)
West Bengal Baluchari, Kantha, Tangail
Tissot, the Renowned Swiss Watch Brand Launched its New Boutique with Brand Ambassador Virat Kohli Tissot, the Renowned Swiss Watch Brand Launched its New Boutique with Brand Ambassador Virat Kohli the well-known Swiss watch brand, known to be innovators by tradition, launched their new boutique today at the Palladium Mall with brand ambassador and Indian cricket team captain Virat Kohli. The 300 sq feet boutique, marks Tissot’s fourth stand-alone store in Mumbai.
- Networking with Fitness - Success Script for Media Mantra
- Edenred India Facilitating Easier Processes to Accelerate KYC
- JACK JONES Launches Asia's Largest Exclusive Brand Store At Phoenix Marketcity, Pune
- Jubilant FoodWorks announces joint venture with Golden Harvest to launch Dominos Pizza in Bangladesh
- Statement Earrings Set in Platinum are Top Accessory at the 90th Annual Academy Awards
- Reliance General Insurance Engages in an Innovative Campaign to Fight Crime against Women During Holi
- Horizon Group Launches Luxurious Residential Projects in 'Golden Temple City' of Amritsar
- New Tide Plus with Extra Power Launched in India by Actresses Shraddha Arya, Anita Hassanandani and Sai Tamhankar
- Max Fashion India Presents Max Emerging Star 2018
- Max Design Awards 2017-18 Finale
- StupidApp, Social Gaming & Networking Platform, Joins Hand in Nation Building
- Connecting the Unconnect, The Biggest Challenge for Wifi
- Lakmé Fashion Week and WeWork kickstart the Fashion Incubation Program for Young Designers
- Polaroid Eyewear Introduces its Spring/Summer 2018 Collection with Anushka Sharma
- The Crest Adjudged as Indias Most Stylish Property