Making exercise a stress outlet may help students attain recommended amounts of physical activity and to maintain that routine, students need social support from family and friends, said researchers including one of an Indian origin. Vinayak K. Nahar, Assistant Professor at the University of Mississippi said "Accessing internal and external sources of inspiration and resilience is an effective and sustainable model for positive change”.
For the study published in The Journal of the American Osteopathic Association, researchers surveyed 135 college students, assessing their willingness to exercise for the recommended 150 minutes per week and participants were asked to weigh pros, like improved energy and health, against perceived disadvantages, like being tired and not having enough time for academics or leisure.
According to the survey, respondents indicated that sustaining the weekly 150 minutes of exercise would require the support of family and friends, as well as an emotional shift, in which students would use exercise as an outlet for stressors.
People get together to clean city beaches Visakhapatnam: The Eastern Naval Command (ENC) and various organisations like the Coast Guard, India Youth for Society (IYFS) and WWF-India undertook a series of cleanup drives on the beaches of Vizag on the occasion of International Coastal Clean-up Day on Saturday.
- Are you shifting to Vegan diets, chances of Brain Nutrient Deficiency?
- Treatment for Chikungunya through these Foods
- Amy Jackson expecting her first child with fiancé George Panayiotou in October
- Drink Tea to get better organized brain functioning
- Why people gain weight as they become older?
- The ace birdwatcher of Vizag
- A 30 feet Ganesha made of 2 lakh bangles steals the show
- YouTube to pay Fine for violating Kids Privacy Law
- Try hot yoga for Blood pressure issues
- Slim people always stays slim
- Sushmita Sen took her daughter to Maldives to gift her this experience on her 10th Birthday
- Doing household chores reduces early death
- Protecting your Family from Flu this Monsoon
- Husband during Delivery reduces Childbirth pain
- Is it possible to predict death by this New Blood test?