What Is Good
- Visual effects
What Is Bad
- Thin plot
Tollywood is just fed up with loads of Horror and Horror Comedies. Now 'Dora' is yet another dubbed Horror genre ! The movie is brought from Tamil movie 'Jackson Durai'. The only hope for Telugu version is the versatile actor Sathyaraj. The movie begins with a people of a small village called 'Dorapuram'. The whole village faces some evil spirits of British soldiers and a British Lord called Jackson Dora. Satya (Sibiraj) is an over enthusiastic police officer and he never completed any assignment ever since he joined as Sub Inspector. He is sent to Dorapuram to solve this 'Evil Spirit' menace. But when he arrives, he falls in love with Vijaya (Bindu Madhavi) and he gets into Love mode. But slowly he learns about the evil and the bungalow which belonged to British Lord. He realizes that the village is completely haunted and as per Horror movie rule, the story enters flashback zone where we see a revolutionary leader Dora (Satyaraj) and his men rebelled against Lord Jackson. But he shoots and Kills them. Dora promises for vengeance and the clash between 'Good Evil' and 'Bad Evil' is the rest of the story.
Sibiraj is far behind his father Sathyaraj as an actor. He fails to grab attention and even during comical sequences. Bindu Madhavi who attracted us in 'Memu' is back to Village belle and the love scenes between Sibiraj and herself are bland. Karunakaran who is the recent sensation in comedy, fails to evoke laughter. Few scenes are pretty funny. The Cute little British Kid deserves special mention. The saving grace is Actor Sathyaraj and he shows his mettle as Dora. Motta Rajendran appears towards the end. He is just a filler. Rest of the cast don't even stay in our heart and mind. Such a poor narration in screenplay.
Director Dharanidharan who gave 'Burma' on his debut has tried to bring in the concept of Time Lapse, Horror and comedy together. Problem is, such an intelligent narration was spoiled by some silly stuff. For instance, Evil spirits are killed with Guns and Bullets !! What on earth does he think about audience ? The second half drags a lot and most of the audience feel uncomfortable as they clearly understand where the movie is heading. Siddharth Vipin's music is a big hole. His background score is neither scary nor melodious nor soothing to ears. Yuvraj's cinematography deserves a special mention. The dim lightings and usual horror frames are repeated at places. Producer MS Sharavanan has ensured that the production values stay high. Visual effects are decent for such a low budget movie.
Yet another routine Horror comedy, where 'Good Evil' triumphs over 'Bad Evil'. Nothing new in story or screenplay. The only good thing is, few comedy sequences, if not the movie would have been a disaster. Problem is director tried to stuff lots of things within a thin space. Costumes and Ghost make up is pretty good. Satyaraj alone scored in acting and rest of them are immatured.
Once Again KAJAL AGGARWAL shows her 'Oomph' in Tight White Dress while Opening - Photos Inside Kajal Aggarwal is a south Indian actress, prominently known for her acting in South Cinema, especially in Tamil and Telugu industries. The pretty actress began her career in Telugu, with the Teja directorial Lakshmi Kalyanam, and later made her Tamil debut with the renowned director Bharathiraja's Bommalattam.
- Only Disha Patani can wear such Hot dress in Public - Photos Proof Inside
- These 6 Latest clicks of Samantha in Saree will make your day better
- So it is a 'BIG' miss by Kajal Aggarwal
- Yashika's Private Party Photos LEAKED !! Photos Inside
- LEAKED - HANSIKA PRIVATE BEDROOM PHOTOS ARE GOING VIRAL - ALL LEAKED HOT PHOTOS INSIDE
- Controversial 'Bigg Boss Jodi' to help Bigg Boss contestant in his debut
- Kajal Aggarwal's complete Saree Feast for your eyes - 20 Photos Inside
- "Those aren't FAKE.. They are real..." - Samantha's Photos Inside
- Priyanka Chopra TROLLED for HYPOCRISY
- Trisha to join hands with 'Controversy' Hero
- CAUGHT RED HANDED - Rajini's Son-In-Law Actor Dhanush ENJOYING with NAYANTARA, TRISHA, SHRIYA - PHOTOS PROOF INSIDE
- '2.O' makes a new record in Tamil Cinema
- Raashi Khanna shooting cancelled - 12 Lakhs compensation 'PAID'
- Can Anjali bring some luck?