What Is Good
What Is Bad
- Slow moving first half
- Music falls flat in few areas
Dhanush who recently tasted success with 'Thodari' is now back with 'Kodi' (a) 'Dharma Yogi' in Telugu. This is the first time Dhanush is doing dual roles and this is the first time he also pairs with Trisha. Dhanush essays role of 'Kodi', a politician and 'Rishi', a professor. Director has taken the social message of bringing down Koodankulam nuclear plant. What happens when the politician tries to do good and save farmers is narrated in commercial format. Dhanush as professor Rishi helps Kodi for this good cause. Now he too gets trapped into problems and how he walks out of the mess is narrated with lots of interesting twists.
For National Award winner like Dhanush, this movie is just a cake walk. He clearly shows difference between his dual roles. However, the Politician 'Kodi' scores more than Professor character. Dhanush excels in action scenes too. Trisha as Rudhra excels in her meaty role. After a long time, it is good to see her in a powerful role. However her dubbing is too bad. Dubbing artist should have been changed or Trisha herself should have taken care of dubbing portions. Anupama Parameswaran who recently stole our hearts in 'Premam' and 'A..Aa..' is making her debut in Tamil and she is perfect in role of Malathy. SA Chandrasekaran who is also father of actor Vijay is back as antagonist and he is the show stealer. Kaali Venkat has done a good job in climax. Rest of the cast have done what they were asked to do.
Santosh Narayanan who impressed everyone with his music in 'Kabali' has scored for Dhanush for the first time. 'Ei Suzhali' song alone is impressive. Rest of them are below par. Venkatesh's cinematography brings the rural area into spotlight. Prakash Mabbu has done a neat job with editing. The first half of the movie moves at a slow pace ut the screenplay was engaging. Second half mostly dealt with a social issue and the political games was narrated to perfection. Kudos to Director Durai Senthilkumar for not allowing commercial compromises inside the story.
'Kodi' has solid performances, earnest writing, fast screenplay and crispy editing. It also has right ingredients of a commercial masala. Dhanush carries the movie for most part and he gets major support from Trisha and SA Chandrasekar.
Tamannaah disappoints Telugu Fans Tamanna has survived in the industry for more than a decade and it's not a cakewalk for her. She did secondary roles and slowly she gets into the game. Now, she is one of the topmost actresses among the top league of actresses.
- Brits Beauty Amy enjoying Bikini Party with 'HIM' - PHOTOS INSIDE
- 12 Red Hot Photos of the Babelicious Alia will tease your inner Lust
- Samantha will continue promoting handlooms
- Hansika completes it with Beard Actor
- Kajal Aggarwal to go on 'Ultra Glamour' mode
- Dil Raju did the right thing by dropping Kamal Haasan?
- Flop Hero Drools over Bikini Beauty
- Look who has taken SELFIE with Bunny
- Seriously? Is this how you Dress in Public, Alia? 17 Photos to show 'How Not to Dress like it'
- When Kajal switches her sitting position to avoid Oops moment and Shame...
- Dusky Babe Actress Flaunts her Assets in Strapless Maxi - View Pics
- OMG... Did DD got divorced due to SUCHILEAKS Sex Scandal?
- Throwback: One Year of Keerthy Suresh Trolls in Agnyathavaasi
- 13 Photos of Rakul Preet in a Short, Sexy, Frock exposing her hotness