What Is Good
- Saif Ali Khan
What Is Bad
- Slow paced
The movie starts with a background story of a younger version of Saif Ali Khan who stays in a joint family. His father wants him to be a doctor, but he has passion towards food and cooking. So he runs away from home when he was just 15. And as time comes to present, we see Roshan (Saif) in New York pursuing his dream. He is a chef in a fancy restaurant. But he never achieved his ambitions and from a young boy with bigger dreams, he is a man with anger issues. He also gets into trouble with his ex-wife and son. At one point, his cooking ideas loses its freshness . How he gets back into the game? Did he joined with his family? What about the restrained relationship with his ex-wife? Watch out on the big screen.
Well, even before writing about the performances, we would like to say this is an 'Official' adaptation of Hollywood movie 'Chef' and Jon Favreau (Director of The Jungle Book) did the lead role in the original. But Saif Ali Khan has done the role with all his acting abilities and makes us blend along with the story. Scarlett Johansson character was done by Sobhita Dhulipala and she has done a decent job. But in the end, it is just Saif Ali Khan who scores and give matured performance as a hot-headed husband and also a caring father. Padmapriya (Radha) is Saif's ex-wife and she is mostly used as an icing on the cake. Rest of the characters have done justice to their roles.
The movie is mostly an emotional bondage between fathers and sons who's opinions, ideologies, attitude differs. The movie also has its comical moments, but more than comical moments, it's the emotions which run through. Ritesh Shah's witty dialogues are the backbone of the movie. Director Raja Krishna Menon who brings the official adaptation of 'Chef' from Hollywood has definitely tuned it to Bollywood. The Music is also a major plus. 'Banjara', 'Tere Mere', 'Darmiyaan' songs will ring in your ears for sure. Editing has been brilliant and Cinematography has been topnotch. No hush-hush cuts or zig-zag frames to annoy us. The production values are also rich.
If you have seen the original 'Chef' in Hollywood version, don't take it to mind while watching this. This is our own Bollywood version. Saif Ali Khan has totally nailed it. The movie is highly predictable and travels on the path which we prefer. But the travel never gets you tired. Brilliant casting, Strong technical team, Some delicious comical moments, are a total treat to watch on the screen. A beautiful, delightful and tasty film on cuisine of life. This Bollywood Chef has cooked a delicious food which would suit everyone's taste buds!
Oopsy! Last time Tamanna was 'Shamed' for wearing Transparent outfit - So, That's why...? Recently, the whole of Tamil Cinema Industry stormed Malaysia and participated in 2-Days cultural events. Even Super Star Rajinikanth and Kamal Haasan participated in the show and they added glitters to the event. But, some big names were missing on the list.
- Finally, Our South Indian Actress acts as 'SUPER HERO' - Photos Inside
- Take a Deep Breath - This Actress gets 2.5 Crores just for 4 Minutes...These Photos will say Why...
- Anushka makes it Loud and Clear
- Kajal Aggarwal's SELFIE VIDEO goes Viral
- Whaa..ttt...? Regina is addicted to Drugs and Party... Yeah, You Read it Right...!
- Tollywood Movies Latest Updates - 18/01/2018
- 11 Beach Bikini Photos of Kajal Aggarwal while shooting a Hot Song
- Trisha sporting a Red Bikini and showing her 'Oomph' - 15 Ultra High Clarity Photos
- "Do What I Say...!!" - Junior NTR orders Trivikram Srinivas to add DSP and remove Anirudh
- Padman and Salman bury differences?
- Karthi gets 'Oopiri' Nagarjuna support for his next
- Can 'Mega Power Star' satisfy his fans thirst?
- No more delays for the Rape survivor - Wedding will happen on 22nd for sure
- FIRST WEEK World-Wide Collections Prove 'Agnyaathavaasi' is THE BIGGEST LOSS in TFI History