What Is Good
- Saif Ali Khan
What Is Bad
- Slow paced
The movie starts with a background story of a younger version of Saif Ali Khan who stays in a joint family. His father wants him to be a doctor, but he has passion towards food and cooking. So he runs away from home when he was just 15. And as time comes to present, we see Roshan (Saif) in New York pursuing his dream. He is a chef in a fancy restaurant. But he never achieved his ambitions and from a young boy with bigger dreams, he is a man with anger issues. He also gets into trouble with his ex-wife and son. At one point, his cooking ideas loses its freshness . How he gets back into the game? Did he joined with his family? What about the restrained relationship with his ex-wife? Watch out on the big screen.
Well, even before writing about the performances, we would like to say this is an 'Official' adaptation of Hollywood movie 'Chef' and Jon Favreau (Director of The Jungle Book) did the lead role in the original. But Saif Ali Khan has done the role with all his acting abilities and makes us blend along with the story. Scarlett Johansson character was done by Sobhita Dhulipala and she has done a decent job. But in the end, it is just Saif Ali Khan who scores and give matured performance as a hot-headed husband and also a caring father. Padmapriya (Radha) is Saif's ex-wife and she is mostly used as an icing on the cake. Rest of the characters have done justice to their roles.
The movie is mostly an emotional bondage between fathers and sons who's opinions, ideologies, attitude differs. The movie also has its comical moments, but more than comical moments, it's the emotions which run through. Ritesh Shah's witty dialogues are the backbone of the movie. Director Raja Krishna Menon who brings the official adaptation of 'Chef' from Hollywood has definitely tuned it to Bollywood. The Music is also a major plus. 'Banjara', 'Tere Mere', 'Darmiyaan' songs will ring in your ears for sure. Editing has been brilliant and Cinematography has been topnotch. No hush-hush cuts or zig-zag frames to annoy us. The production values are also rich.
If you have seen the original 'Chef' in Hollywood version, don't take it to mind while watching this. This is our own Bollywood version. Saif Ali Khan has totally nailed it. The movie is highly predictable and travels on the path which we prefer. But the travel never gets you tired. Brilliant casting, Strong technical team, Some delicious comical moments, are a total treat to watch on the screen. A beautiful, delightful and tasty film on cuisine of life. This Bollywood Chef has cooked a delicious food which would suit everyone's taste buds!
WHAA..TT..? Tamanna Exposes a Tamil Director Tamanna is not a happy girl as nothing goes in her way as she expects to be. Due to her, the whole 'Queen' remake is not at stake and she moved to other projects. The actress is going through a narrow phase in her career as her recent releases are also failing.
- 9 Sexy and Hot Photos of Kajal Aggarwal 'BEHIND THE SCENES'
- OMG... Is this how you Dress for an Award Show? 19-Year-Old Actress faces Criticism - HOT PHOTOS INSIDE
- 19-Year-Old Actress in a famous acclaimed remake
- OMG... Hot Oops! moment for 19-Year-Old Actress Daughter in Public - HOT PHOTOS INSIDE
- Anushka has acted in 'SLEAZY' scenes - PHOTOS PROOF INSIDE
- Throwback - When Samantha Raised both her Hands... Oops..!!! 11 Photos Inside
- Anushka all set to make a Stunning Return
- Rakul Preet begins shooting for 'SPACE FILM' and she shares 'THIS' PHOTO - Check PHOTO INSIDE
- Sandalwood Babe trying 'TOO HARD'
- SHOCKING - BIGG BOSS BABE's PROSTITUTE act goes VIRAL...PHOTOS PROOF INSIDE
- Bollywood Babe entering Tamil?
- Oops! Alia Bhatt exposes her Slender Milky Thighs during a Press Meet - Camera Flashes around it - HOT PHOTOS INSIDE
- Rakul Preet gets '96' Hero
- Kajal Aggarwal to repeat the 'SAME MAGIC'