What Is Good
What Is Bad
- Typical Super Hero Cliches
Despite Thor(2011) and it's sequel Thor: inThe Dark World(2013) earning mixed reviews and achieving considerable minimal commercial success, the makers were upbeat about a third part of the franchise, and here we have Thor: Ragnarok, helmed by Taika Waititi in his first ever Hollywood flick. Has the maker satisfied the expectations of Marvel fans and wipe off memories of mediocre superhero outings of the past? Let's see in this exclusive first on the net review of Thor: Ragnarok by AP Herald team.
Thor: Ragnarok begins with death Goddess Hela (Cate Blanchett) returning to Asgard after being in exile for a while and claiming the throne, and in the process, also crushing Thor's (Chris Hemsworth) hammer Mjolnir and sending him to crash landing on the sci-fi planet Sakaar. Now Thor is placed in an unanticipated situation where he has to confront his old comrade Hulk (Mark Ruffalo), but Thor plans to convince Hulk to destroy Hela's plans and safeguard Asgard. How Ragnarok helps Thor destroy Hela and whether Thor was able to reclaim Asgard with the help of Hulk is what Thor: Ragnarok is all about.
Chris Hemsworth is surprisingly presented in an unbelievably hilarious avatar, with his self-mocking, Elba ,and his sequences with Hulk Mark Ruffalo are a treat to watch with generous, genuine laughs. Cate Blanchett stuns with her Villainy, and she's portrayed as a typical character that exerts supremacy over the protagonist himself, with such command and authority. Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie is a surprise package, as she impresses with her onscreen presence and antics. The rest of the cast including Elba, Jeff Goldblum, and Anthony Hopkins fill the Bill.
Mark Mothersbaugh's background score is top notch, alternating subtly between the mounting tension in action sequences and perfectly in tune with the comic angle of Thor: Ragnarok. Javier Aguirresarobe's Cinematography is top notch and presents the stunning visuals and the perfect CG sequences with consummate ease. Joel Negron and Zene Baker's crisp editing makes Thor Ragnarok a tightly packed entertainer with unlimited gags and zero drags at a compact runtime of 130 minutes.
After the first two lackluster attempts by Kenneth Branagh and Alan Taylor, Marvel's unconventional, unorthodox choice of deploying Taika Waititi after his New Zealand flicks, and this time their decision has paid off perfectly, as Waititi weaves an interesting screenplay that stretches every action-packed scene of gargantuan proportions with high-end CG, to culminate in a hilarious fashion.
Chris Hemsworth's Ghostbusters experience has literally worked like a charm, with the actor displaying a surprising ease in comic timing, and more than Cate Blanchett, Tessa Thompson's new character Valkyrie impresses and outshines her. The colorfully packed flick with loads of Zombies, demons, wolves, and dragons, tries to stay away from conventional superhero cliches, and Waititi's novel attempt of lacing humor instead of establishing emotional links works heavily in favor of Thor Ragnarok, making it the best of Marvel, for all the fun that it offers.
Waititi justifies his decision with an impressive Chris Hemsworth and Tessa Thompson to his help, delivering one the most enjoyable Marvel superhero comedies of all time. A must watch for the humor fest that it is, Thor Ragnarok is your perfect weekend watch.
Samantha's Bikini Show this Summer !!! The Akkineni princess Samantha, post her marriage with Nag Chaitanya, had a low phase in her career, with a form slump, as two of her releases, the Tamil flick Merasal directed by Atlee and Raju Gari Gadhi 2, both turned out to be disastrous ventures at the box office.
- 'Tholi Prema' continues it's good run at the Box-Office
- Can Pooja bring some success to Bellamkonda Srinivas?
- Harry Potter Girl Emma Watson does something for Sexual Harassment at work
- Uuuff.. Not Again... Sai Pallavi's Sex Thriller gets Delayed Once Again - What's the Reason?
- Junior NTR fixes the Date with Pooja Hedge
- Balayya wants to follow 'Jai Simha' sentiment
- Samantha doesn't want to EXPOSE THIS MUCH here after - Requests Costume Designers!
- "The Telugu Director was too Obsessed on my Fleshy Waist and Navel...He even touched my Hip..."
- Definitely UNSEEN - Tamanna shows her Milky White Long Sexy Belly and Navel and give Temptations to Touch - View Pics!
- Yep! This is our ANUSHKA SHETTY and she acted in 'Such Movies' - See these Photos!
- "I will just quit and Walk out of the sets Next time..." - Rakul Preet Warns !!
- Trisha goes BOLD - Doesn't use Body double or Dupe
- When Shruti Haasan says "NO", it means a firm "NO" - Now, she said 'NO' to her Own Father
- OMG! 'Rambo' Actor Sylvester Stallone is NOT DEAD, But... See these Shocking Photos Yourself !!!