What Is Good
- Manchu Manoj
- The Theme
What Is Bad
- Flawed screenplay
- No in-depth analysis in plot
Hero Manchu Manoj returns on screen after a lot of disastrous flicks like Gunturodu, Shourya, Attack, Current Theega, with Okkadu Migiladu directed by debutant Ajay Nuthaki. The movie is reportedly based on the life of LTTE leader Prabhakaran, and Manoj sports 2 looks in the movie. The movie begins with a gruesome interrogation of LTTE chief Velupillai Prabhakaran role (Manchu Manoj) and he narrates the disturbing tale of the war which happens in Mallaithivu east Srilanka
Manchu Manoj gives an intense performance as usual and makes a mark with improved dialogue delivery. Anisha Ambrose is just adequate, as her character doesn't get enough scope thanks to poor writing. The rest of the cast including Suhasini is just apt, and none standout, as Manoj overshadows everyone else in the movie. Manchu Manoj alone scores high with his stand out performance and he emotes flawlessly.
VK Rama Raju's Cinematography is apt and captures the fights and gory sequences perfectly. Siva Nandigam's music and background score could not achieve the necessary impact, as they are below par. Editing could have been taut, as the movie wavers pointlessly at times, testing the patience of the viewer. The narration of the movie is also pretty slow. Also, for those who are unaware about the war in Sri Lanka, this movie would be clueless. And for those who are aware, you will be clueless as what is shown on the screen as things are haywire. The violence is captured in a raw and effective way.
Director Ajay Nuthaki has joined hands with Manchu Manoj for his debut project Okkadu Migiladu. While deciding to make movies on current relevant themes, one must be very careful in proper factual presentation and avoiding misrepresentation of facts, and okkadu Migiladu fails exactly there. With a plot filled with just violence, bloodshed and more violence and no story at all, the movie fails to make the necessary impact. And adding to the worries is the poor music and editing which even mars the viewer experience badly. All said, with a patience-testing screenplay and a poorly executed plot, okkadu Migiladu deserves a skip.
OMG! Anushka never did such a thing even once in her cinema career... Anushka Shetty is the happiest actress right now as her recent release 'Bhaagamathie' also scored a huge success and the movie fetched profits to the theater owners and distributors. The actress grabbed a 'Hit' after 'Baahubali' franchise and she's quite happy with the way things have shaped out.
- Can you believe that Tamanna has exposed a lot just for a TV commercial?
- Sapna Pabbi shows her inner beauty in a Transparent top - 12 Photos to make Sunday more special
- Actress shares her horrific experience with Producer
- Manushi Chillar shows off her sexy body in Bikini and we can't stop getting tempted - Photos Inside
- Have you seen Samantha's sexy Navel and Tempting Belly close-up shots? Don't miss these!
- Kajal shows her tempting cleavage while giving interview and that teases us!
- Director exposes Nikki Galrani in Side Pose and a Saree... But it worked as movie is a HIT
- Kajal completes 11 years - A BIG Achievement indeed
- Shruti Haasan shocks with an answer - "Whether I had it with my boyfriend on Valentine's Night?"
- Allu Arjun's 'Bikini Beauty' Girl gets a new Makeover - Check yourself !!
- Sandalwood Hottie gets a BIG one right now!
- Nayantara gives the Much Needed Boost for the Senior Hero
- Can he continue the success of 'Chalo' ??
- Samantha's closeness forces Nagarjuna to Walk out !?!