What Is Good
- Production Values
What Is Bad
- No depth in characters
- Amateur on the whole
After numerous flops and career-ending choices, and even recent different attempts like donning a female getup and playing that sperm donor in Vicky donor remake failing to help him, hero Sumanth has joined hands with a debutant Director Gowtam Ninnanuri to deliver a love story Malli raava. Has he succeeded this time? Here's team AP Herald's exclusive Review of Malli raava.
Malli Raava is all about Anjali (Akanksha Singh) and Karthik (Sumanth), who falls in love with 9th class students but get separated due to circumstances playing spoilsport. However they try to renew their love years after, and whether they succeeded in their love the second time is what Malli raava is all about.
Sumanth, as usual, delivers a casual performance and excels in expressions. Akanksha Singh, though struggles initially with lip sync issues, later offers a decent performance. With most of the screenplay focusing on these 2 characters, the rest of the cast don't get an opportunity to perform much. When the main cast themselves doesn't have much to offer, there is nothing much to complain with the junior artists and the supporting cast Akanksha Singh is pretty beautiful, but she is stone-faced for most of the time. She is a Physiotherapist in her real life, but she rarely does emote by moving a muscle. Also, the weak plot doesn't compliment much to the benefit of the casting department.
Shravan Bharadwaj gives a pleasing BGM, but his songs don't appeal much. The cinematography is good, and editing could have been better, as the screenplay drags big time. The song's placement is even worse. How on earth, such places could have songs? The production values are good, but with a flawed screenplay and a weak narration, all the rest goes in vain. The positives in this movie are too low to be found out!
Gowtam Ninnanuri has joined hands with Sumanth, in his attempt to resurrect his career, and has chosen the ever safe formula of love story. But however, in his attempt to portray a unique love story, he fails big time, as the characters lack emotional depth, and the reason for their break-up is amateurish, besides, the screenplay oscillating between different time periods is poorly edited and joined, giving the viewer instant boredom. All said, despite earnest performances of Sumanth and Akanksha, Malli raava ends up as a tiresome movie experience.
Ileana finishes it swiftly The slender waist beauty Ileana D'Cruz who had been of late giving preference to Bollywood over south cinema is all set to make a comeback to Telugu cinema which introduced her, with Amar Akbar Anthony. The movie went on floors last month and is progressing at a brisk pace.
- Another Biopic on a Car Racer ??
- Akhil Akkineni gets BIGG BOSS Babe
- Sai Pallavi comes Late to shooting spot - Hero moves to Kajal Aggarwal
- Double Treat from the 19-Year-Old Beauty!
- Lady Super Star all set to Clash with Universal Hero
- 'Mega Prince' gets a Date with Kajal...
- Keerthy Suresh's movie finds a way
- We bet you will fall in Love with this "96" Trisha
- Dusky Hottie gets Biggie
- Priyanka Chopra's New Home in New York will take your Breath Away - Photos Inside !!!
- Whaa..tt..? The Young Nivetha to pair with a Old Actor ??
- Keerthy Suresh flies Abroad to shoot a Romantic sequence with 50-Year-Old Actor
- This 19-Year-Old Actress will fill the shoes of Late CM Selvi.J.Jayalalitha - Watch Video
- Hebah Patel gets Wild on Bigg Boss Wild Card Contestant