What Is Good
- Kamal Haasan
- Production Values
What Is Bad
- Too may sub plots
- First Half
- Screenplay lags
- Unwanted desi stuff
- Nowhere near the first part
Kamal Haasan as Wisam is energetic and at 63 looks handsome and super fit and perfect in the stunning action sequences, while also acing the emotions as always in several sentimental sequences. Pooja Kumar is extremely hot and sensuous, while Andrea Jeremiah is a vital part of the proceedings, and impresses with her histrionics. Waheeda Rehman is adequate, while Rahul Bose and Jaideep Ahlawat who looked menacing in part 1 are made to look like loud caricatures in this sequel. Shekar Kapur and Nasser are underutilized in insignificant roles.
Background score by Ghibran is pulsating and sets the mood of the movie and of his songs, the naanagiya nadhimoolame and Sathi matham are hum worthy while the rehash of yaarendru therigiratha fails to appeal. Cinematography by Sanu Varghese is top notch capturing the stunning action sequences and thrilling chases to perfection, while editing by Mahesh Narayan is fine. Ulaga nayagan Kamal Haasan had donned the director's hat earlier for Vishwaroopam, and in this sequel coming after 5 years, the director has tried to unravel mysteries in part 1 and reveal major backstories of all lead characters and in that attempt has messed up badly.
Vishwaroopam 2 suffers from excessive number of stories to open up , and lacks continuity or the finishing, and though the film is just around 2 hours and 24 minutes, it looks dragged giving the feel of a 4 hours long flick. Vishwaroopam 2 boasts of stunning Hollywood level action episodes, underwater fight and mid sky action, and unlike part 1, director Kamal has tried to make the sequel desi as possible with romance, family sentiments, comedy, but the attempt goes haywire with too many subplots marring the impact.
While Kamal delivers a honest performance, hotties Pooja Kumar and Andrea serve as eye candy and the pivot perfectly, while the movie which must have focused more on action spends a fair share of runtime on dialogue episodes as well. And this being a case of a prequel and a sequel together ( Wisam and family's past/origin as well as Wisam's life after Vishwaroopam 1), required a breathing space for the characters and the plot to establish, as director Kamal Haasan has stuffed too many episodes and too many political/ terror scenarios in too little runtime. All said, Vishwaroopam 2 is an excellent technical product, with towering acts by Kamal Haasan, Pooja Kumar and Andrea, lacking on screenplay and the engagement factor.
Keerthy Suresh fails in sequel Tamil action hero Vishal had made a promising start to his career, in both Tamil as well as Telugu, as his first few flicks dubbed in Telugu became hits in AP/TG as well, like Pandem Kodi, Pogaru, Bharani to name a few, and Vishal had become a familiar name there as well.
- Mehreen's next Tamil release all set for Christmas
- Rakul Preet pulls Tamil Star to AP and Telangana
- Sumanth's next is a Copy of Hollywood flick?
- 24 Luscious Tempting Photos of Trisha showing her Thundering Thighs
- 13 Tempting Hot Photos of Kajal Aggarwal in a Sleeveless Costume
- Shruti Haasan Sizzles with her Hot Tempting Looks - 13 Photos Inside
- Kajal Aggarwal not just 'HOLDS' a Coffee Mug.. But...
- Yami Gautam seen in Sports Bra and Knee High Short Skirt - HOT PHOTOS INSIDE
- Keerthy Suresh spotted in a White Chudi at a Shopping Mall - Photos Inside
- Bathrobe Photos belongs to Kajal - Unseen Hot Photos to tempt your desires
- Kiara turns out to be a 'SULTRY' Secretary - View Pics!
- Why such a dress, Tamanna? Fans mock Tamanna for 'This' costume - See Photos
- TV Actress says 'SEXUAL ABUSE' is a usual thing
- 10 Photos of Jhanvi in Floral Brassiere and Skirt