What Is Good
- Kamal Haasan
- Production Values
What Is Bad
- Too may sub plots
- First Half
- Screenplay lags
- Unwanted desi stuff
- Nowhere near the first part
Kamal Haasan as Wisam is energetic and at 63 looks handsome and super fit and perfect in the stunning action sequences, while also acing the emotions as always in several sentimental sequences. Pooja Kumar is extremely hot and sensuous, while Andrea Jeremiah is a vital part of the proceedings, and impresses with her histrionics. Waheeda Rehman is adequate, while Rahul Bose and Jaideep Ahlawat who looked menacing in part 1 are made to look like loud caricatures in this sequel. Shekar Kapur and Nasser are underutilized in insignificant roles.
Background score by Ghibran is pulsating and sets the mood of the movie and of his songs, the naanagiya nadhimoolame and Sathi matham are hum worthy while the rehash of yaarendru therigiratha fails to appeal. Cinematography by Sanu Varghese is top notch capturing the stunning action sequences and thrilling chases to perfection, while editing by Mahesh Narayan is fine. Ulaga nayagan Kamal Haasan had donned the director's hat earlier for Vishwaroopam, and in this sequel coming after 5 years, the director has tried to unravel mysteries in part 1 and reveal major backstories of all lead characters and in that attempt has messed up badly.
Vishwaroopam 2 suffers from excessive number of stories to open up , and lacks continuity or the finishing, and though the film is just around 2 hours and 24 minutes, it looks dragged giving the feel of a 4 hours long flick. Vishwaroopam 2 boasts of stunning Hollywood level action episodes, underwater fight and mid sky action, and unlike part 1, director Kamal has tried to make the sequel desi as possible with romance, family sentiments, comedy, but the attempt goes haywire with too many subplots marring the impact.
While Kamal delivers a honest performance, hotties Pooja Kumar and Andrea serve as eye candy and the pivot perfectly, while the movie which must have focused more on action spends a fair share of runtime on dialogue episodes as well. And this being a case of a prequel and a sequel together ( Wisam and family's past/origin as well as Wisam's life after Vishwaroopam 1), required a breathing space for the characters and the plot to establish, as director Kamal Haasan has stuffed too many episodes and too many political/ terror scenarios in too little runtime. All said, Vishwaroopam 2 is an excellent technical product, with towering acts by Kamal Haasan, Pooja Kumar and Andrea, lacking on screenplay and the engagement factor.
Amyra grabs a Biggie! The beautiful Amyra Dastur, who had made her film debut with the 2015 hit psychological thriller Anegan directed by KV Anand and Costarring Dhanush, later went on to venture into Bollywood, and though she oozed oomph in skimpy two-piece bikinis on debut in Mr. X opposite Emraan Hashmi, the movie bombed.
- 'Baahubali The Conclusion' FAILS in China
- Producers think Rakul demands too much
- Keerthy Suresh says NO to Jayalalitha
- Fans can get ready for spicy glam show from Kajal
- 'Aravinda Sametha' will entirely be on Rayalaseema backdrop
- Samantha shocking confessions on Casting Couch
- Actress of the Decade ?? Fans started to Troll
- 'Mohini' bombs and Trisha upset!
- Sayyeshaa is the topmost actress in Tamil cinema
- Kajal said OK for such a movie?
- The Hottest Boyfriend and Girlfriend 'Couples' are spotted in the USA - Photos Inside
- Hansika's DOUBLE MAST - Getting Back with EX Boy friend and Lucky Director
- Hansika sweating at the Gym to shred some Kilos
- Tamanna accepts Bathing Soap tvc as she runs out of chances !?!