The Runaway Luminosity Distribution release “Patriots Day”, based on the 2013 Boston terrorism attacks-starring Mark Wahlberg & Academy Award Winner J. K. Simmons, hit the theaters on Friday to rave reviews and great reception by the audience. As a drama-thriller about the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing and the subsequent terrorist manhunt, Patriots Day created a lot of buzz as many reviewers called it the “Perfect Anti-Trump Film” that America needs right now. With the recent turn of events in the Indian context, involving college politics, Army, Nationalism and Terrorism that have sparked many debates, the film has found a niche audience especially in the college going audience.
The gripping narrative which swivels between the first responders, survivors and investigators has a percussive force and mines out the best tropes of the chase genre. The human cross-section, spliced archive clips and visceral location shooting, create a throbbing sense of the city's pulse that becomes the engine of Patriots Day. Mark Wahlberg gives a restrained performance picking up from where he left off in the 2016 release “Deep Water Horizons“ while J. K. Simmons holds in own in this unflinching retelling of the worst terrorist attack on American Soil since 9/11.
With “La La land” celebrating 50 days at the Indian Box Office and the success of Oscar Nominated “Deepwater Horizon” and “Jackie” the distributors Runaway Luminosity have been propelled to bring in more critically acclaimed Hollywood content to Indian Cinemas.
5 Reasons You Shouldn’t Miss out on Patriots Day
1. Patriots Day is a stirring tale of ordinary heroism after the Boston Bombings
2. Peter Berg’s compelling and empathetic storytelling makes you feel a part of the crisis instead of being a spectator. You’ll like this film for the same reason that you admired Ram Madhvani’s 'Neerja' last year.
3. Genuinely exciting megaplex entertainment, informed by extensive research, featuring bona fide movie stars, and staged with equal degrees of professionalism and respect.
4. He virtually thrives on a viewer’s nerves, on our awareness that “it” is just around the corner and stretches the intro skillfully, quietly – piano to strings and back – making this phase feel like we were holding our breath underwater.
5. Adrenaline Pumping, Nail-biting and poignant
Patriots Day released on March 3 is playing in cinemas in Mumbai, Delhi-NCR, Pune, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Goa, Bengaluru, Kochi, Mysore, Nagpur, Ahemedabad & Chandigarh.
Will Kajal Cooperate or is she gonna be reluctant? Kajal Aggarwal had a dream run in the year 2017 as all the releases were huge blockbusters. The actress was on cloud nine due to these successes. Now, she has 'Paris Paris', 'Awe' and 'MLA' under her kitty.
- These Latest Photos of Samantha proves she will do more Romance and Glam on-screen even after Marriage
- "Can you Keep a Distance?" - Sai Pallavi shocked as fan tries to throw his arms around the Waist while taking Selfie
- 'Rangula Raatnam' fails so bad at the Box-Office!
- 'Jabardast' director gets some respite
- Hebah Patel ready to go with Lip Locks and more glamor
- Will Trisha say yes to 'Nandamuri' Desires?
- The Secret behind 'Mega Star' shaving his Moustache
- "I Will Marry a Warangal Girl for sure..."
- The FLOP COMBO to come back once again
- From Horror to Historical - Can he taste success?
- This new 22-Year-Old Star Kid in Bikini is the Hottest Sensation - Check more Hot Photos Inside
- These Photos of Shruti Haasan in Black will 'ERECT your MOOD'
- When Legend's daughter lets Loose to bag roles - Check out these 28 Photos
- Ram Charan's sister goes on Beach Vacation and her Instagram Stories Video goes VIRAL
- Shruti Haasan continues to show in what she's best at, as always