The biopic of the legendary yesteryear actress Savithri garu, Mahanati, directed by Nag Ashwin of Yevade Subramanyam fame and starring Keerthy Suresh in the lead role, alongside stars like Dulquer Salmaan, Samantha, Vijay Deverakonda, Rajendra Prasad, was released on 9th of May and was received very well.
The movie was lapped up by both the youngsters and elderly audience alike, as they rejoiced the performances and the nostalgic trip down the memory lane. The movie had grossed a whopping 60 crores worldwide, while at the US Box office, had breached the $2.5 million mark, becoming the 3rd Telugu movie this year after Rangasthalam and Bharat Ane Nenu to achieve this feat this year.
On the other hand, even AP/ TG Box offices aren't far behind, as Mahanati has been performing exceptionally well at the Telugu speaking states as well. In a rare landmark for a female-centric flick, Mahanati has breached the coveted 10 crores mark in Nizam zone, making it the 3rd movie after BAN and Rangasthalam to achieve this year.
Alia Bhatt's advice to upcoming actresses on handling casting couch calls! These days most of the upcoming actresses are a clear victim of Casting Couch issues. The whole Telugu Film Industry is shell-shocked by the allegations made by Sri Reddy. She even opened up several big names which took the industry by storm.
- Kajal will be seen in cameo role for same hero two times!
- Andrea and Madonna join for Prasanna
- Kamal's V2 satellite rights sold for such a price - Insider spill the beans
- Serial Actress gets a BIG CHANCE!
- Check out Shruti's latest poses at Airport - Droolworthy!
- Anushka Shetty gets a chance to work with 'HIT' director
- Ileana lashes out rumours
- Nayantara back to her Home industry