The biopic of legendary actress Savithri, Mahanati directed by Nag Ashwin and starring Keerthy Suresh in the title role, was released on May 9, just 5 days after Allu Arjun starrer Vakkantham Vamsy directorial Naa Peru Surya released, and has since then been asserting box office supremacy.
While Mahanati opened to extremely positive critical reviews, and great support from the audience, it had great openings, and thanks to the quality of films that released in later weeks, like Nela Ticket, Ammamagarillu, Kasi, Mehbooba, Officer and Rajugadu being poor, Mahanati has been having a solid run at the box office.
Mahanati has already crossed the
$2.5 million mark at the US Box office and worldwide has crossed the share of
40 crores mark. With the only competition being the dubbed release Abhimanyudu
starring Vishal and Action King Arjun, Mahanati still has got a lot of time to
do good business.
Kajal Aggarwal says NO to WET and HOT scenes Kajal Aggarwal who had a dream run at the Box—Office is now aiming to continue the same momentum with her next set of projects. The actress is also signing an array of movies with more caution as she doesn't want to lose the winning momentum.
- Kajal Aggarwal lost to Trisha
- Anupama jumps to glamour
- UNSEEN 'VINTAGE' Clicks of TRISHA KRISHNAN
- Shruti Haasan rejects a Telugu movie
- These 7 Photos of RAKUL PREET SINGH with DOG COLLAR proves she's a hot babe
- hummel Signs Bollywood Heartthrob, Kartik Aaryan as India Brand Ambassador
- These 7 Hottest Selfies of Geetha will tease your temptations
- Tamanna gives a SHOCKER