The biopic of legendary actress Savithri, Mahanati directed by Nag Ashwin and starring Keerthy Suresh in the title role, was released on May 9, just 5 days after Allu Arjun starrer Vakkantham Vamsy directorial Naa Peru Surya released, and has since then been asserting box office supremacy.
While Mahanati opened to extremely positive critical reviews, and great support from the audience, it had great openings, and thanks to the quality of films that released in later weeks, like Nela Ticket, Ammamagarillu, Kasi, Mehbooba, Officer and Rajugadu being poor, Mahanati has been having a solid run at the box office.
Mahanati has already crossed the
$2.5 million mark at the US Box office and worldwide has crossed the share of
40 crores mark. With the only competition being the dubbed release Abhimanyudu
starring Vishal and Action King Arjun, Mahanati still has got a lot of time to
do good business.
Naresh gets such a 'Hot Chick' for his new project Allari Naresh, who was once a safe bet hero with his comic capers made in minimal budgets turning out to be commercially successful ventures, later went on to score one disaster after another, with his last few releases like Meda Meeda abbayi sinking without a trace.
- Vikram Kumar has directed 'SUCH A MOVIE' with TRISHA - Do you Know?
- Famous actresses part of Sex Racket - DETAILS Inside
- How much Kajal was paid for a sexy dance on the stage?
- Samantha's costume created troubles at the Shooting
- 14 Photos of Rakul at Femina Miss India
- Anjali dumps her Boyfriend
- What's cooking in BIGG BOSS 2?
- Trisha denied and Nayan accepted